Increasing connectivity in Asia-Pacific is driving the adoption of smart homes in the region. This report analyzes the IoT phenomenon in the home, while providing market segmentation and forecast, ecosystem analysis of solution providers, and use cases.
- Data privacy and security concerns are the biggest factors impeding widespread adoption. As a result, security features such as secure SSL encryption and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) integration will gain prominence in the coming years.
- There are several short-range wireless technologies such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and ZigBee that are being used to connect individual appliances to a home hub. These technologies are playing a critical role in enabling the actual realization of IoT within the home
2. Market Overview
- IoT Taxonomy
- What is a Smart Home*?
- What Does a Smart Home Look Like?
- Smart Home Market Place
- How will the Home in Asia-Pacific Evolve over the Next 5 Years?
- How Does a Smart Home Work?
- Smart Homes-Demand Drivers
- Smart Homes-Technology Drivers
- Most Popular Communication Technologies for Smart Homes
- Smart Homes-Challenges
- Total IoT Market-Spending Forecast
- Total APAC IoT Spend by Country-2015–2020
- Total IoT Market-Percent Spending Forecast by Industry Vertical in Asia-Pacific (2015 and 2020)
- IoT in the Home Market-Spending Forecast
- APAC Smart Home Spend by Country-2015–2020
- Total Smart Homes Market-Spending Forecast by Category in Asia-Pacific (2015 and 2020)
- Smart Home Appliances
- Smart Safety and Security
- Smart Energy Management
- Smart Homes and the Insurance Industry
- Telcos and Smart Homes
- Smart Home Ecosystem
- Smart Home Value Chain
- Smart Home Business Models
- Smart Home Consortiums/Standards
- Competitive Landscape
- Noteworthy Players in Asia-Pacific
- Future of IoT in the Home
- Legal Disclaimer