Novel Fire Retardant Polymers and Composite Materials reviews the latest scientific developments and technological advances in the design and manufacture of fire retardant polymers and composite materials. Fire retardant polymeric materials are used in a broad range of applications in fields such as aviation, automotive, computer, construction, electronics, and telecommunications. It is essential to have a better understanding of the scientific technology used in the design and manufacture of fire-resistant materials and their end products. This book includes the latest developments in fire retardant technologies for different polymeric material systems, such as PU, PP, PE, PLA, epoxy, rubber, textile, phenol resin, and PA, etc.
- Provides cutting-edge research in flame retardant materials, relevant to both scientific and industrial applications
- Presents the latest and most up-to-date fire retardant technologies
- Discusses the most popular fire retardant polymer systems
- Includes the latest developments in fire retardant technologies for different polymeric material systems, such as PU, PP, PE, PLA, epoxy, rubber, textile, phenol resin, and PA
2. Fire-retardant high-performance epoxy-based materials
3. Novel fire-retardant coatings
4. Fire-retardant polylactic acid-based materials: Preparation, properties, and mechanism
5. Fire-retardant recyclable and biobased polymer composites
6. High-performance fire-retardant polyamide materials
7. Flame retardancy of flexible polyurethane foams: Traditional approaches versus layer-by-layer assemblies
8. Functional layered double hydroxides and their use in fire-retardant polymeric materials
9. Silicon-based mesoporous materials and organic-inorganic hybrid materials: From preparation to application in fire retardancy of polymeric materials
10. Fire-retardant carbon-fiber-reinforced thermoset composites
11. Flame retardance and thermal stability of polymer/graphene nanosheet oxide composites
Professor De-Yi Wang is currently leading the High Performance Polymer Nanocomposites research group at the Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies of Materials (IMDEA-Materials) in Spain. His research activities focus on application-oriented fundamental problems, novel technologies in multifunctional nanomaterials, eco-benign fire retardants with high effectiveness, high performance environmentally-friendly polymers and nanocomposites.