Building the Agile Enterprise with Capabilities, Collaborations and Values, Second Edition covers advances that make technology more powerful and pervasive while, at the same time, improving alignment of technology with business. Using numerous examples, illustrations, and case studies, Fred Cummins, an industry expert, author and former fellow with EDS and Hewlett Packard, updates his first edition incorporating the following industry developments:
- The ubiquitous use of the Internet along with intelligent, mobile devices, which have enabled everyone and everything to be connected anytime, anywhere
- The emergence of a "business architecture discipline that has driven improvements in business design and transformation practices
- The development of CMMN (Case Management Model and Notation) that will provide automation to support the collaboration of knowledge workers and managers
- The development of VDML (Value Delivery Modeling Language) that supports modeling of business design from a management perspective
- The importance of "big data management and analysis as a new source of insight into evolution of the business and the ecosystem
- How the architecture of the agile enterprise and business modeling change enterprise governance, management and innovation
Building the Agile Enterprise with Capabilities, Collaborations and Values, Second Edition is a must have reference for business leaders, CTOs; business architects, information systems architects and business process modeling professionals who wish to close the gap between strategic planning and business operations as well as the gap between business and IT and enhance the creation and delivery of business value.
- Explains how business design abstraction based on collaborations, capabilities and values provides a management view of how the business works, the aspects to be improved or changed, and the means to quickly reconfigure to address new business challenges and opportunities
- Discusses how technology must be exploited for efficiency, effectiveness, innovation and agility
- Provides practicable and use-case based insights from advisory work with Fortune 100 and 500 companies across multiple verticals
- Presents the features of CMMN (Case Management Model and Notation) and explains how it enables automation to support knowledge workers, managers and enterprise agility
- Describes application of the Value Delivery Modeling Language (VDML) to link strategic business transformation to operational design
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The Agile Enterprise 2. Business Modeling for Business Leaders 3. Business Building Blocks 4. Next-Generation Business Process Management (BPM) 5. Rules for Actions and Constraints 6. Enterprise Data Management 7. Information Security 8. Event Driven Operations 9. Sense and Respond 10. The Agile Organization Structure 11. Agile Enterprise Leadership
Fred Cummins , is currently an independent consultant and business systems architect. He is an active member of the Object Management Group as co-chair of the Business Modeling and Integration Task Force, co-chair of the Business Architecture Special Interest Group and co-chair of the Value Delivery Modeling Language Finalization Task Force. He was a leader in the development of the VDML (Value Delivery Modeling Language) and the CMMN (Case Management Model and Notation) specifications. He is a member of the board of LEADing Practice that is the provider of reference enterprise standards based on industry research by the Global University Alliance. Mr. Cummins has authored three books and a number of professional papers, and is inventor on 14 US patents. He was previously a Fellow with EDS and Hewlett Packard. He has consulted and developed systems in multiple industries including manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, transportation, telecommunications, insurance and government. Throughout his career he has applied advanced systems technology.