Na Channels from Phyla to Function, the latest volume in the Current Topics in Membranes series, is targeted toward scientists and researchers in biochemistry and molecular and cellular biology, providing the necessary membrane research to assist them in discovering the current state of a particular field and in learning where that field is heading. This volume offers an up-to-date presentation of the current knowledge in the field of Na Channels.
- Written by leading experts in the field of Na Channels
- Contains original material, both textual and illustrative, that make it a very relevant reference
- Presented in a very comprehensive manner
- Both researchers in the field and general readers will find this book relevant and up-to-date with regard to its information
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. On the Natural and Unnatural History of the Voltage-Gated Na+ Channel Edward G. Moczydlowski 2. Biophysical Adaptations of Prokaryotic Voltage Gated Sodium Channels Thuy N. Vien and Paul G. DeCaen 3. Venom Peptides from Cone Snails: Pharmacological Probes for Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels Brad R. Green and Baldomero M. Olivera 4. Convergent Evolution of Tetrodotoxin-Resistant Sodium Channels in Predators and Prey Gabriela Toledo, Charles Hanifin, Shana Geffeney and Edmund D. Brodie III 5. Computational Structural Pharmacology and Toxicology of Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels Boris S. Zhorov and Denis B. Tikhonov 6. Understanding Sodium Channel Function and Modulation Using Atomistic Simulations of Bacterial Channel Structures Céline Boiteux and Toby W. Allen 7. Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels: Mechanistic Insights from Atomistic Molecular Dynamics Simulations Victoria Oakes, Simone Furini and Carmen Domene 8. Simulation Studies of Ion Permeation and Selectivity in Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels Christopher Ing and Régis Pomès 9. Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels: Evolutionary History and Distinctive Sequence Features Marina A. Kasimova, Daniele Granata and Vincenzo Carnevale 10. Cardiac Na Channels: Structure to Function Kevin R. DeMarco and Colleen E. Clancy 11. Developmental and Regulatory Functions of Na+ Channel Non-pore-forming Subunits Jesse J. Winters and Lori L. Isom 12. Lipid Regulation of Sodium Channels Nazzareno D'Avanzo 13. Mechanism of Inactivation in Voltage-Gated Na+ Channels Vaibhavkumar S. Gawali and Hannes Todt 14. Current-Voltage Relationship for Late Na+ Current in Adult Rat Ventricular Myocytes R. B. Clark and Wayne R. Giles 15. Physiology and Pathophysiology of Sodium Channel Inactivation Mohammad-Reza Ghovanloo, Kelsey Aimar, Rouzbeh Ghadiry-Tavi, Alec Yu and Peter C. Ruben 16. Cardiac Sodium Channel Mutations: Why So Many Phenotypes? Man Liu, Kai-Chien Yang and Samuel C. Dudley Jr. 17. Nav Channels in Damaged Membranes Catherine E. Morris and Béla Joos 18. Unusual Voltage-Gated Sodium Currents as Targets for Pain Cindy Barbosa and Theodore R. Cummins