Objectives of the Presentation:
- Understand the essentials of project management
- Plan for identifying project needs
- Practice scheduling and teaming
- Create the necessary plans which will allow you to more effectively manage projects to success
- Help you to more effectively manage others’ expectations
- Keep projects on track
- Gain knowledge and skills you can apply to all project team situations
- Keep content, process and structure on track to produce positive outcomes
Why Should you Attend:
Would you like to get more (or all!) of the projects you manage in on time and on budget? Are you concerned about people in your project teams not having enough knowledge on how to effectively manage a project? What about yourself? Would you like some help to more effectively manage your projects? Would you like to more effectively manage others’ expectations? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you should join us!
Who can Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- What skills do you need to effectively manage projects?
- Why is Project Management needed?
- Leading contributors to Project Success
Identifying Needs, Starting Toward Solutions
- Identifying Stakeholder Needs and Expectations
- Identifying Business Requirements
- Performing a Systems Requirements Analysis
- Performing a Human Resources Analysis
- Identifying Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating a Scope Document
- Gaining Stakeholders’ Consensus and Approval
Scheduling and Teaming
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Performing Risk Management
- Developing Effort, Time, and Cost Estimates
- Creating a Project Schedule
- Creating a Budget
- Creating a Project Team
Management Planning and Execution
- Creating a Vendor Management Plan
- Creating a Resource Management Plan
- Creating a Communication Plan
- Creating a Quality Management Plan
- Creating a Project Management Plan
- Track the Project and Resolve Issues
- Manage Resources
Managing Project Success and Customer Satisfaction Success
- Managing Quality
- Managing the Project Team
- Managing Change
- Case Study
- Project Closure
- Conducting a Customer Acceptance Meeting
- Conducting a Project Review
- Identifying the Lessons Learned
- Compiling a Project Report
Founder and President ,
Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, "90 Days to a High-Performance Team", published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster's International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and workshop leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.