The market for food intolerance products has grown considerably over the past decade mainly due to the increasing cases of celiac disease, crohns disease, and awareness among health conscious consumers. According to Coeliac UK, celiac disease affects at least 1 in 100 people in the U.K. and in Europe; however, only about 24% of people are diagnosed. Conversely, the premium pricing of gluten-free products and low food intolerance awareness are restricting the food intolerance products market from progressing.
The food intolerance products market is segmented on the basis of type, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into diabetic food, gluten-free food, lactose-free food, and other special milk formula. These are further classified such as diabetic food into diabetic bakery products, diabetic confectionery, and diabetic spreads; gluten-free food into gluten-free bakery products, gluten-free baby food, gluten-free pasta, and gluten-free ready meals; lactose-free foods into lactose-free dairy products, lactose-free ice cream, and lactose-free baby food. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. This report also includes country level analysis for the period of 2015-2022.
The world food intolerance products market is moderately fragmented where product launch has become a widely adopted strategy among market players in order to gain competitive edge. In February 2016, Abbott Laboratories launched Curate snack bars, a new brand of gluten-free bars made with non-bioengineered ingredients. The key players in world food intolerance products market are Nestle S.A., General Mills, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Kraft Heinz Company, Dr. Schr AG / SPA, Mead Johnson Nutrition Company, Danone S.A., Fifty 50 Foods Corporation, Boulder Brands, Inc., and Kellogg Company.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations for the period of 20152022 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of the market segments provides a clear view and potential to the stakeholders.
- Current and future trends provide to determine the overall outlook and individual trends for better understanding of the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA regions.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal and external environment of key market players for effective strategy formation.
FOOD INTOLERANCE PRODUCTS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Diabetic Food
- Diabetic Bakery Products
- Diabetic Confectionery
- Diabetic Spreads
- Gluten-free Food
- Gluten-Free Bakery Products
- Gluten-Free Baby Food
- Gluten-Free Pasta
- Gluten-Free Ready meals
- Lactose-free Food
- Lactose-Free Dairy Products
- Lactose-Free Ice Cream
- Lactose-free Baby Food
- Other Special Milk Formula
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Key Benefits
1.3 Key Market Segments
1.4 Key Audiences
1.5 Research Methodology
1.5.1 Secondary research
1.5.2 Primary research
1.5.3 Analyst tools and models
Chapter: 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 CXO Perspective
2.2 World Food intolerance products market revenue by geography, 2015-2022 ($Million)
2.3 Market beyond: what to expect by 2027
2.3.1 Base growth scenario
2.3.2 Optimistic growth scenario
2.3.3 Diminishing growth scenario
Chapter: 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Definition and Scope
3.2 Regulations scenario
3.3 Key Findings
3.3.1 Top Winning Strategies
3.3.2 Top Investment Pockets
3.4 Top Player Positioning, 2015
3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Low bargaining power of suppliers
3.5.2 Low bargaining power of buyers
3.5.3 High threat of new entrants
3.5.4 Low threat of substitutes
3.5.5 Moderate degree of competition
3.6 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 incidence of celiac disease
126.96.36.199 Gluten-free snacks gaining wider acceptance among health conscious consumers
188.8.131.52 High prevalence of crohns disease triggers lactose intolerance
184.108.40.206 Premium pricing of gluten-free products
220.127.116.11 Food intolerance awareness
18.104.22.168 Better tasting and nutritional varieties of gluten-free products
Chapter: 4 WORLD FOOD INTOLERANCE PRODUCTS MARKET BY, TYPE
4.1.1 Market Size and Forecast
4.2 Diabetic Food
4.2.1 Key Market trends, growth factors and opportunities
4.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
4.2.3 Diabetic Bakery Products
4.2.4 Diabetic Confectionery
4.2.5 Diabetic Spreads
4.3 Gluten-free Food
4.3.1 Key Market trends, growth factors and opportunities
4.3.2 Market size and forecast
4.3.3 Gluten-Free Bakery Products
4.3.4 Gluten-Free Baby Food
4.3.5 Gluten-Free Pasta
4.3.6 Other Gluten-Free Products
4.4 Lactose-free Food
4.4.1 Key Market trends, growth factors and opportunities
4.4.2 Market size and forecast
4.4.3 Lactose-Free Dairy Products
4.4.4 Lactose-Free Ice Cream
4.4.5 Other Lactose-free products
4.5 Other Special Milk Formula
4.5.1 Key Market trends, growth factors and opportunities
4.5.2 Market size and forecast
Chapter: 5 WORLD FOOD INTOLERANCE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
5.1.1 Market size and forecast
5.2 North America
5.2.1 Key market trends, growth factors and opportunities
5.2.2 Market size and forecast
5.3.1 Key market trends, growth factors and opportunities
5.3.2 Market size and forecast
5.3.9 Rest of Europe
5.4.1 Key market trends, growth factors and opportunities
5.4.2 Market size and forecast
5.4.6 South Korea
5.4.8 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.1 Key market trends, growth factors and opportunities
5.5.2 Market size and forecast
5.5.4 South Africa
5.5.5 Saudi Arabia
5.5.6 Rest of LAMEA
Chapter: 6 COMPANY PROFILES
6.1 Nestle S.A.
6.1.1 Company overview
6.1.2 Company snapshot
Chapter: 6 COMPANY PROFILES
6.1 Nestle S.A.
6.1.1 Company overview
6.1.2 Company snapshot
6.1.3 Operating business segments
6.1.4 Business performance
6.1.5 Key strategic moves and developments
6.1.6 SWOT analysis
6.2 General Mills, Inc.
6.2.1 Company overview
6.2.2 Company snapshot
6.2.3 Operating business segments
6.2.4 Business performance
6.2.5 Key strategic moves and developments
6.2.6 SWOT analysis
6.3 Abbott Laboratories
6.3.1 Company overview
6.3.2 Company snapshot
6.3.3 Operating business segments
6.3.4 Business performance
6.3.5 Key strategic moves and developments
6.3.6 SWOT analysis
6.4 Kraft Heinz Company
6.4.1 Company overview
6.4.2 Company snapshot
6.4.3 Business performance
6.4.4 Key strategic moves and developments
6.4.5 SWOT analysis
6.5 Dr. Schr AG
6.5.1 Company overview
6.5.2 Company snapshot
6.5.3 Operating business segments
6.5.4 Key strategic moves and developments
6.5.5 SWOT analysis
6.6 Mead Johnson Nutrition company
6.6.1 Company overview
6.6.2 Company snapshot
6.6.3 Operating business segments
6.6.4 Business performance
6.6.5 Key strategic moves and developments
6.6.6 SWOT analysis
6.7 Danone SA
6.7.1 Company overview
6.7.2 Company snapshot
6.7.3 Operating business segments
6.7.4 Business performance
6.7.5 Key strategic moves and developments
6.7.6 SWOT analysis
6.8 Fifty 50 Foods
6.8.1 Company overview
6.8.2 Company snapshot
6.8.3 Operating business segments
6.8.4 Key strategic moves and developments
6.8.5 SWOT analysis
6.9 Boulder Brands, Inc. (Pinnacle Foods, Inc.)
6.9.1 Company overview
6.9.2 Company snapshot
6.9.3 Operating business segments
6.9.4 Key strategic moves and developments
6.9.5 SWOT analysis
6.10 Kellogg Co.
6.10.1 Company overview
6.10.2 Company snapshot
6.10.3 Operating business segments
6.10.4 Business performance
6.10.5 Key strategic moves and developments
6.10.6 SWOT analysis
Major market drivers include, the rise in prevalence of food intolerance accompanied by increasing popularity of specialty well-being food products, resulting in constant sales growth for food intolerance products. Majority consumers choose food intolerance products over their alternatives to avoid consumption of food ingredients that are perceived to have negative impacts on the health even without being diagnosed with intolerance. With growing celiac and crohns diseases and consumer health consciousness, the demand for food intolerance products has grown considerably. This rising trend in gluten-free products is majorly fuelled by celiac diagnosed patients, improved government (labelling) regulations, and innovative new product launches. However, the high cost of gluten-free products and lack of awareness on food intolerance products restrict the growth of world food intolerance products market.
Lactose-free food products and gluten-free food products segment held a prominent position with major revenue share and is projected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Lactose-free dairy products and gluten-free bakery products are the major revenue generating subsegments in respective sectors.
Key findings of the study:
- Gluten-free baby food products are projected to be the fastest growing segment in world gluten-free food products market registering a CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period.
- Lactose-free dairy products held around two-thirds market share in the world lactose-free food market in 2015.
- North America is projected to occupy the highest market share with a CAGR of 5.3% during analysis period.
- The U.S. would continue to lead the North America food intolerance products market with a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period.
- Germany held largest market shares in the European region in 2015, whereas Poland intends to grow in the future with the highest CAGR of 9.6% during the forecast period.
- North America accounted for more than half of the world food intolerance products market in 2015 and is expected to maintain this lead position throughout the forecast period. This was due to increased diagnosed individuals of celiac disease and the rising diabetic patients, owing to which consumers have increased the consumption of gluten-free and diabetic food products, thereby increasing the demand for the food intolerance. However, Europe is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period, due to increasing awareness regarding food intolerance and improves government regulation with regards to food labelling.
The key players profiled in the world food intolerance products market include, Nestle S.A., General Mills, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Kraft Heinz Company, Dr. Schr AG / SPA, Mead Johnson Nutrition Company, Danone S.A., Fifty 50 Foods Corporation, Boulder Brands, Inc., and Kellogg Company.
- Boulder Brands Inc. (Pinnacle Foods Inc.)
- Danone SA
- Dr. Schr AG
- Fifty 50 Foods
- General Mills
- Kellogg Co.
- Kraft Heinz Company
- Mead Johnson Nutrition company
- Nestle S.A.
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.