It investigates the impact of mPOS adoption beyond the evaluation of financial technology magazines
Furthermore, the report explores whether mPOS will meet investors' and multiple mPOS companies' expectations.
The report gives extensive details of the challenges faced by small and established merchants in terms of mPOS adoption.
It also analyzes the current payment system, and how it has been impacted by mPOS. The report gives regional analysis for mPOS adoption, and its activation rate, to gain a better understanding of market absorption of the new system.
It also gives an insight into barriers and drivers to adoption in mature and emerging markets, and the differences between the two.
The report explores the conventional merchant acquiring and the impact of EMV migration along with the NFC boost to mPOS.
The 'Insight Report: Mobile Point of Sale - Global Market Size, Composition, Trends and Outlook' provides insights into mPOS adoption in the payment industry. It also:
- Analyzes the evolution of mPOS in the payments system.
- Covers key challenges faced by merchants in terms of mPOS adoption.
- Explores initiatives taken by merchants to incorporate mPOS into their business models.
- Discusses various business models in the mPOS industry.
- Explores whether the mPOS hype in Silicon Valley is sustainable.
- Covers regional analysis with respect to current POS and mPOS adoption
- Provides analysis of major challenges faced by merchants in mPOS adoption
- Analyzes the evolution of mPOS in the payments system
- Explores initiatives taken by merchants to incorporate mPOS into their business models
- Analyzes the role of card issuers in facilitating mPOS adoption
- Explores the future options for mPOS adoption, its sustainability and approaches by different participants in the payment market to incorporate mPOS into their business models
Reasons To Buy:
- Gain an understanding of mPOS adoption in the global cards and payments industry. Is this the need of the hour?
- Gain insights into impact mPOS on the payment industry.
- Understand which mPOS operating models are followed in the industry.
- Understand why some regions are falling behind in deploymentm, while others are developed.
- Gain insights into drivers of and barriers to adoption.
- Understand the impact of EMV migration on the mPOS industry.
- Gain insights into how organizations across the payment industry are adopting mPOS into their business models.
- Prior to the implementation of EMV standards, mPOS relied mainly on simple magnetic stripe card readers (dongles), which offered - and continue to offer in some countries - a considerable cost advantage relative to conventional POS.
- EMV mPOS devices are 5-10 times more expensive than mag-stripe dongles. This makes mPOS less attractive for low-income merchants.
- The US accounts for the majority of the global mPOS transaction value, and the number of active devices.
- mPOS allows retailers to better adapt to seasonal peaks, as it is more flexible in terms of terminal activation and deployment than conventional POS.
- mPOS customization may be less appealing for large merchants, as many can afford to develop tailored solutions that rely on conventional POS.
2 Overview of the mPOS Market
2.1 mPOS Definition
2.2 Evolution of mPOS
2.3 Three Distinguishing Models in the Global mPOS Industry
2.4 The Global Market
2.5 mPOS Adoption by Region
2.5.1 The US and Canada
2.5.2 Latin America
2.5.4 Europe (SEPA)
2.5.5 Rest of the world
3 Factors in mPOS Adoption
3.1 Adoption by Small Merchants
3.1.1 Factors driving adoption
3.1.2 Barriers to adoption
3.2 Adoption by Established Merchants
3.2.1 Factors driving adoption
3.2.2 Barriers to adoption
4 Key Trends and Developments
4.1 Different Appeals in Mature and Emerging Markets
4.2 Conventional Merchant Acquiring Unlikely to Lose Market Share
4.3 EMV Migration Impacts Growth in the mPOS Market
4.4 Market Consolidation in Progress
4.5 Tablet POS to Enhance Customer Experience
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 mPOS PSPs
5.1.5 Local mPOS PSPs
5.2.1 Roam and Ingenico
5.2.2 Powa Technologies Ltd
5.3.2 Miura Systems Ltd
5.3.3 Pax Technology
6 Strategic Considerations and Foresights
List of Tables
Table 1: The Effect of EMV Migration on the mPOS Industry
Table 2: EMV Card-Present Transactions - July 2014-June 2015
Table 3: mPOS Industry Structure
Table 4: Products and Services - Square
Table 5: Deals and Investments - Square
Table 6: Products and Services - iZettle
Table 7: Deals and Investments - iZettle
Table 8: Products and Prices - SumUp
Table 9: Deals and Investments - SumUp
Table 10: Products and Prices - payleven
Table 11: Deals and Investments - payleven
Table 12: Examples of Local mPOS PSPs
Table 13: Products and Services - Ingenico
Table 14: Deals and Investments - Ingenico
Table 15: Products and Services - Verifone
Table 16: Deals and Investments - Verifone
Table 17: Products - Miura
Table 18: Deals and Investments - Miura
Table 19: Products and Prices - Pax Technology
Table 20: Deals and Investments - Pax Technology
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global mPOS Market in 2015
Figure 2: mPOS in the US and Canada, 2015
Figure 3: mPOS Transaction Value in the US and Canada, 2015
Figure 4: mPOS in Latin America, 2015
Figure 5: mPOS Transaction Value in Latin America, 2015
Figure 6: mPOS in Asia-Pacific, 2015
Figure 7: mPOS Transaction Value in the Asia Pacific, 2015
Figure 8: mPOS in Europe, 2015
Figure 9: mPOS Transaction Value in Europe, 2015
Figure 10: mPOS in the Rest of the World, 2015
Figure 11: mPOS Growth Drivers and Barriers for Small Merchants
Figure 12: mPOS Growth Drivers and Barriers to Adoption for Large Merchants
Figure 13: Global mPOS Transaction Value (US$), 2015-2017