Affinities rely on their strong brand identities in order to cross-sell insurance to existing customers, and use incentives such as discounts and loyalty scheme rewards to do so. Insurers play to their strengths within the affinity channel. They tend to underwrite lines in which they are already strong compared to their other products and other insurers; however, it must also be acknowledged that brokers, which provide affinities with access to multiple insurers, are still important within the affinity channel, especially within motor insurance.
- The affinity channel is worth £3.1bn in GWP.
- 30.6% of travel insurance policies are distributed through a bank or building society.
- Tesco is the leading affinity brand.
- Advertising spend is decreasing for the affinity channel.
“UK Personal Insurance Distribution: Banks and Retailers” report explores the significance of banks and retailers within personal lines. It addresses the benefits and challenges of distributing through the channels and provides a competitive overview of where retailers, banks, and building societies rank within the home, motor, pet, and travel insurance markets. This is followed by the analysis of 14 of the main UK retailers and banks in regards to: what insurance products they offer, how significant insurance is to them, what customer incentives they offer, and how much they spend on advertising general insurance. The six main insurers that underwrite policies for affinities are additionally analyzed in relation to what their product strengths are, who they underwrite for, and what they offer as a partner.
Reasons To Buy
- Realize the significance of the affinity channel as a method of product distribution. Be prepared for the opportunities that banks and the retail channel offer insurers.
- Ensure your products are successfully marketed and incentivized through the affinity channel.
- Benchmark yourself against other affinities and insurers in the market.
- Asda Money
- Direct Line Group
- John Lewis
- Lloyds Bank
- MandS Bank
- Post Office
- Sainsbury's Bank
- Tesco Bank
- The Co-operative