- Risk analysis and recommendations for risk reduction
- Impact analysis
- Recommendations for business continuity or disaster recovery strategy
- Production of business continuity, disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Plan audit and review
- Plan testing - test design, facilitation and reporting
- Maintenance of the Plans
Objectives of the Presentation
- Creating and maintaining the disaster recovery program within the enterprise is increasingly important. In this critical role of conducting your awareness session for your Senior Executives, we discuss working with technology and the business units in identifying core dependencies and processes, as well as identifying vital records and key contact information
- Establishing and coordinating the methodology for an offsite recovery including identifying equipment requirements and essential personnel
- Process of developing test plans and outlining the objectives, ensuring the successful implementation and testing of the plans and documenting the results
- The full process considers the risk, analyzes the risks, strategies the mitigation and recovery solutions and implements those solutions
- The implemented precautions affect minimizing the effects from an event that can cause an outage
- This helps the organization to either maintain or quickly resume mission-critical functions. Recovery planning involves an analysis of business processes and continuity needs; it also includes a significant focus on mitigation
Why Should you Attend:
The fortunes of businesses today are inevitably linked to IT infrastructure, critical data, sustainable workforce, supply chain logistics and integral systems. Due to the constant risk of adverse events such as internal and external security threats, natural disasters, sophisticated hacking, and the like, organizations need to increasingly focus on developing a resilient disaster recovery plan. Most organizations don’t tend to create a disaster recovery plan based on past events, and consider the IT infrastructure, the physical workplace, and human resources in isolation.
Who Will Benefit:
- Continuity Planners
- Business Continuity Planners
- Disaster Recovery Continuity Planners
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit
- CEO, CIO, CFO, COO
Dr Michael C. Redmond,
CEO and Lead Consultant ,
Dr. Michael C. Redmond helps organizations create great Cyber Incident Response Programs. Her vast background includes consulting as a Sr. Manager for both Deloitte and KPMG for 7 ½ years, and 9 years with Redmond Worldwide She has developed, documented and trained in this area for years. Dr. Redmond is aware of many of the most recent incidents and why some of their plans did not work.
Dr. Redmond has a strong Compliance background. She is up to date on ISO 27001, HIPPA, CMS, FFIEC and more. She was an Adjunct Professor for New York University and John Jay Master's Program in Continuity of Business after an Event.
As a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert, advisor, and consultant for Cyber Security projects, she has improved the Incident Management process by:
- Defining the business requirements for a regulatory reporting function in a Cyber and in the Industry environment
- Designing full training program as well as table top and simulation testing. Executing an Incident Drill using the Plans and Playbooks and ensuring that the procedures are executed, finalized and
- Developing Cyber Security Incident Response plans
- Developing full Breach Incident Response Plan that ties in with the Enterprise Risk Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs.
- Identifying gaps and closing those gaps
- Meeting best practices, including NIST (National Institute Standards and Technology), ISO 27001, Cobit 4.1 and 5 in planning, testing and documenting.
- Reviewing the current policy and procedures
Dr. Redmond is an author, an International Speaker and Trainer. She spoke in Nigeria and was endorsed by Gen Yakubu Gowon, Past Head of State. She served as the attaché to Chile for a special Speaking and Training project at the request of the President of Chile. Ms. Redmond trained Agencies for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Health on Continuity of Operations Training. She recently spoke in Angola and trained over 50 corporations.