Application-based Segmentation of Viscose Staple Fiber Market
3) Home furnishing
6) Automotive parts
Segmentation by Geography
2) North America
5) Latin America
Viscose Staple Fiber - Market Size and Dynamics
- Market Research Analysts, expect the Worldwide Viscose Staple Fiber Market to reach approx. US $16 billion by 2021 and the market to grow at a CAGR of 4.64% during the forecast period. Viscose fibers, primarily made of wood pulp are chemically solidified cellulose fibers that shows high structural resemblance with cotton fibers. Viscose fiber, usually soft, finds extensive applications in the manufacture of apparel, non-woven hygiene products and as a packaging material. Viscose or Rayon is often termed to be the reason behind the demise of the traditional textile industry in the 19th century for that it turned out to be an effective alternative to cotton, wool and silk. Viscose fiber has seen a dramatic rise in its adoption since its introduction as unlike cotton, it is not only cheaper to produce but also has a supply chain that is reasonably insulated to environmental risks and agricultural commodity- price shocks.
- The Worldwide Viscose Staple Fiber Market has been segmented on the basis of production method, application and geography. While apparel manufacture constitutes 70-80% of the applications for the material, non-woven manufacture remains an interesting opportunity in view of the rapidly growing demand.
Viscose Staple Fiber Market - Trends, Drivers and Challenges
- This market research report provides an overview of the factors driving and restraining the growth of the Worldwide Viscose Staple Fiber market. The report also outlines the key trends emerging in the market that will contribute to the growth of market during the forecast period. Some of the factors driving the growth of the market include the volatility and supply shocks of its substitute -cotton. Cotton prices are often subjected to immense volatility on account of uncertain climate conditions and supply-chain constraints forcing apparel manufacturers to turn to substitutes. Viscose stands as a strong substitute to not only cotton but also to synthetic polymers such as polyester and acrylics on account of the replenish- able nature of its raw material. Viscose products, on account of their cellulosic origin are termed to be environment and skin-friendly on account of their botanical origin.
- Some of the impending challenges confronting the viscose staple fiber market include over-expansion and under-utilization of production capacities, particularly in China. The global Viscose production capacity, which stands at 5.65 million tons in 2015 expanded by 35% in the last five years, with growth in demand often trailing that of the production. Further, a growing preference for alternative cellulosic fibers such as lyocell and modal fibers that are produced through energy-efficient closed loop processes and symbiotic resource management is posing a challenge to the viscose fiber market.
- With rapidly evolving fashion trends, we expect the demand for low cost raw materials to gain prominence which eventually shall drive the demand for viscose fiber and allied products. Further, biodegradability shall emerge as a key differentiator and determinant influencing the purchase decision of several consumables, which we believe shall drive the demand for materials that are botanical and replenishable.
Viscose Fiber Staple - Key Vendors and Market Share
- This market research report profiles the major companies in the market and also provides a competitive landscape of key players. The major players in the market includes Aditya Birla Group, Lenzing AG, Zhejiang Fulida Company Limited, Tangshan Sanyou Group Company Limited and Sateri. Some of the other prominent vendors featured in the report include Jilin Chemical Fiber Group, Kelheim Fibers, Glanzstoff Industries, Jiangsu Aoyang Technology Corporation Limited, Swan Fiber Company, Yibin Grace Group Company and Nanjing Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Glanzstoff Industries
- Jiangsu Aoyang Technology Corporation Limited
- Jilin Chemical Fiber Group
- Kelheim Fibers
- Lenzing AG
- Nanjing Chemical Fiber
- Swan Fiber Company
- Tangshan Sanyou Group
- Yibin Grace Group Company