Inflation remains an unsolved problem in Argentina and has been driving prices forward affecting the consumer's purchasing power. The government has placed some products under price control however they play a relatively insignificant role in the beverage industry overall. Refillable PET packs and larger multi-serve packs may become increasingly favoured by brand leaders as they provide a lower price per liter and are attractive to consumers with less disposable income. On-premise remains key to the future of the hot coffee category with on-premise consumption expected to continue growing in the future as more coffee chains open.
- Although the volume is still very small the popularity of iced/rtd tea drinks seems to have awakened the category in Argentina and it is among the only categories to have seen double digit growth this quarter.
- The beverage market continues to be much atomized with a large number of local providers that operate regionally.
- Most consumers are unaware of the benefits provided by enhanced water products so they don't value them enough to pay the steeper prices of the category in comparison with the flavoured water category.
- In alcoholic drinks market the current focus is on local premium and super premium beers two segments that have been growing year after year due to the growth in sophistication of the Argentinean consumer.
- Most of the powdered milk produced in the country is exported leaving behind a small amount for consumption inside the country.
The Argentina Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks dairy drinks hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015 moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q2-2016 vs. Q2-2015 moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels private label performance vs. brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
Reasons To Buy:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Argentina beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Argentina to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
1.1 . At A Glance
1.2 . Impact Of The Economic Situation
1.3 . Highlights
1.4 . Market Drivers
1.5 . Market Trends
1.6 . Soft Drinks
1.6.1 .Packaged Water
1.6.2 .Bulk/HOD Water
1.6.4 .Enhanced Water
1.6.5 .Flavoured Water
1.6.8 .Still Drinks
1.6.10 .Fruit Powders
1.6.11 .Iced/RTD Tea Drinks
1.6.12 .Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks
1.6.13 .Sports Drinks
1.6.14 .Energy Drinks
1.7 . Alcoholic Drinks
1.7.1 .Alcoholic Drinks
1.8 . Dairy Drinks
1.8.1 .Dairy Drinks
1.9 . Hot Beverages
1.9.1 .Hot Beverages
1.10 . Data Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Argentina at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2015-2016F
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2015-2016F
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2015-2016F
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2015-2016F
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2015-2016F
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2015-2016F