Progress in Rubber Nanocomposites provides an up-to-date review on the latest advances and developments in the field of rubber nanocomposites. It is intended to serve as a one-stop reference resource to showcase important research accomplishments in the area of rubber nanocomposites, with particular emphasis on the use of nanofillers.
Chapters discuss major progress in the field and provide scope for further developments that will have an impact in the industrial research area. Global leaders and researchers from industry, academia, government, and private research institutions contribute valuable information.
- A one-stop reference relating to the processing and characterization of rubber nanocomposites
- Presents the morphological, thermal, and mechanical properties that are discussed in detail
- Contains key highlights in the form of dedicated chapters on interphase characterization, applications, and computer simulation
1. General introduction to rubber compounding
2. Micro- and nano-fillers used in the rubber industry
3. Mechanism of reinforcement using nanofillers in rubber nanocomposites
4. Interphase characterization in rubber nanocomposites
5. Rubber nanocomposites with nanoclay as the filler
6. Rubber nanocomposites with graphene as the nanofiller
7. Rubber nanocomposites with polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes (POSS) as the nanofiller
8. Rubber nanocomposites with new core-shell metal oxides as nanofillers
9. Rubber nanocomposites with metal oxides as nanofillers
10. Rubber blend nanocomposites
11. Hybrid filler systems in rubber nanocomposites
12. Manufacturing and Structure of Rubber Nanocomposites
13. Rubber nanocomposites with nanocellulose
14. Thermal conductivity and dielectric properties of silicone rubber nanocomposites
15. Computational simulation in elastomer nanocomposites
Professor Sabu Thomas is Professor of Polymer Science & Technology and Honorary Director of the International and Inter University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is a prolific researcher, with 420 international papers, 6122 total citations, 2 patents, 18 books and a total of over 625 publications to his name, and is listed as one of the most productive researchers in India by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. Prof. Thomas is a recognized authority in the field of polymer-based materials, and established the state-of-the-art lab in polymer science and nanotechnology at Mahatma Gandhi University. He has been a visiting professor at many polymer research laboratories in Europe and Asia.
Maria, Hanna J.
Ms Hanna J. Maria, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India