Strategic Financial Management Casebook strategically uses integrative case studies-cases that do not emphasize specific subjects such as capital budgeting or value based management-to provide a framework for understanding strategic financial management. By featuring holistic presentations, the book puts readers into the shoes of those responsible for the world's largest wealth creators. It covers strategies of growth, mergers and acquisitions, financial performance analysis over the past decade, wealth created in terms of stock returns since its listing in stock market, investment and financial decisions, cost of capital, and corporate valuation.
In addition, the casebook also discusses corporate restructuring activities undertaken by each company. Each chapter follows a template to facilitate learning, and each features an Excel-based case analysis worksheet that includes a complete data set for financial analysis and valuation.
- Introduces a conceptual framework for integrating strategy and finance for value creation
- Emphasizes the roles of corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, and risk management in value creation
- Encourages an analysis of investment, financing, and dividend decisions
- Examines non-financial factors that contribute to value
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Perspectives on strategic finance
2. Wealth creation by Coca-Cola-a strategic perspective
3. Wealth creation by Johnson & Johnson
4. Wealth creation by Microsoft
5. Wealth creation by Exxon Mobil
6. Wealth creation-A case analysis of Apple
7. Wealth creation-analysis of Google
8. Wealth analysis of General Electric
9. Strategies of wealth creation by Berkshire Hathaway
10. Analysis of wealth-Walmart
11. Wealth analysis of Facebook
12. Wealth analysis of Procter and Gamble
13. Wealth analysis of Wells Fargo
14. Wealth creation by Amazon
15. Wealth analysis of AT&T
16. Wealth creation by Boeing
17. Analysis of wealth-Time Warner Inc.
Dr. B. Rajesh Kumar is Professor of Finance at the Institute of Management Technology, Dubai International Academy City, UAE. He earned his PhD in Management from the Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Kharagpur. He has published over 40 empirical research papers in refereed international journals and is the author of six books. His co-authored research works have been cited in the popular financial press, such as The Financial Times, Money Week and The Economist.
He has published three books with Elsevier/Academic Press including the recently published Strategic Financial Management Casebook that strategically uses integrative case studies-cases that do not emphasize specific subjects such as capital budgeting or value based management-to provide a framework for understanding strategic financial management. His earlier book, Strategies of Banks and Other Financial Institutions, presents a comprehensive portrait of financial institutions worldwide by balancing their theories of strategy and risk structure with detailed case studies. His book on Valuation Theories and Concepts, offer a broader more holistic perspective on valuation suited to companies and markets worldwide.