Construction Paints and Coatings market is driven by the factors such as increased activities in civil construction and due to high demand for efficient paints. These paints act as protective layers for buildings and prevent the building from corrosion, dampness and damages due to extreme weather conditions. However, the major limitation of the construction paints and coatings market is the stringent regulations of environmental protection due to which there are less number of approved chemicals present in the market. Rising practice of green buildings and products such as nano-coatings, green coating, etc., offers lot of opportunities for the growth of the market.
Construction Paints and Coatings Product Market Analysis
Construction Paints and Coatings product market is segmented into Solvent-borne technologies, water-borne coating, power coating, high solids/ radiation cure and others (Specialty Coatings). Water-borne coating segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to high demand for water borne coating in the commercial, residential, aviation & automotive sectors. Demand for water-borne coating accounts for nearly two-third of the global construction paints and coatings market.
Construction Paints and Coatings Application Market Analysis
Construction Paints and Coatings application market is segment into residential, commercial, medical & healthcare, automotives & aviation and others (Special Products, other industries, etc). Automotives & aviation segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to high demand for efficient operations in maintenance such as paint hangers, de-icing facilities, MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) heavy and line maintenance facilities, etc.
Construction Paints and Coatings geography market analysis
Construction Paints and Coatings geography market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. Asia Pacific is the dominating segment of this market due to rising growth in aviations & automotive industry.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the construction paints and coatings market are product launch, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would help in gaining competitive advantages and expansion of the market. The companies profiled in this report are BASF SE, Axalta Coatings System, Sherwin-Williams Company, PPG Industries, AkzoNobel N.V.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the construction paints and coatings market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of construction paints and coatings market and threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products.
- The study helps to analyze the construction paints and coatings market trends to provide in-depth understanding of the entire market segment and thus, helps the market players to make strategic decisions
- To find out various regulations that result in lack of differential products. In addition, segmental analysis is also done to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the growth of the market that would help the players in deeply understanding the market
- Analysis of environmental factors that would create opportunities for the growth of the market
- Analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market is conducted and that would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- To find out the recent trends of the construction paints and coatings market and opportunities that would open doors for the investors to participate in the market, which in turn would help in the enlargement and expansion of market.
Key Market Segment
Construction Paints and Coatings market is segmented based on product, applications and geographies.
Market by Products
- Solvent-borne Technologies
- Water-borne Coating
- Power Coating
- High Solids/ Radiation Cure
- Others (Specialty Coatings)
Market by Applications
- Medical & Healthcare
- Automotives & Aviation
- Others (Special Products, other industries, etc)
Market by Geography
- North America
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.