Protein purification is the process of isolating proteins from the complex mixtures of cells, tissues, or organisms based on differences in their physical properties. The protein purification process aims to isolate the huge amount of functional protein with least contaminants. The process isolates proteins and non-protein parts in the mixture to separate desired protein. It is beneficial for the characterization of the function, determining structure, and interactions of the protein to be studied. Technological innovations create new pathways in the protein purification and isolation technologies.
The driving factors of the global protein purification and isolation market are growing need to identify new protein-based drug molecules, increased research in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields, and rising demand for rapid purification kits to rapidly screen, prepare, purify, and concentrate protein samples. In addition, various factors, such as increased funding from both public and private research bodies for research & development and growing research in the field of structure-based drug design complement the growth of the market. However, high cost of purification instruments and lack of skilled professionals are factors hindering the growth of the market. Increasing need to identify new ligands for the drug discovery process and demand for protein therapeutics create opportunities in the market.
The global protein purification and isolation market is segmented based on technology, product, application, end user, and geography. The market is further classified based on technology into ultrafiltration, precipitation, preparative chromatography, electrophoresis, Western blotting, dialysis & diafiltration, and centrifugation. Furthermore, the segment preparative chromatography is classified into affinity chromatography (IMAC, IAC, and Bead-based), ion exchange, reverse-phase, hydrophobic charge induction, and size exclusion chromatography. The segment electrophoresis is further categorized into gel electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, and capillary electrophoresis.
The market is further segmented on the basis of product into instruments and consumables. The segment consumables is further classified into protein purification kits, protein purification reagents, prepacked columns, protein purification resins, magnetic beads, and other consumables. On the basis of application, the market is classified into drug screening, protein-protein interaction studies, biomarker discovery, target identification, disease diagnostics & monitoring, and protein therapeutics. The market is further classified based on end users into academic medical institutes, hospitals and diagnostics centers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and contract research organizations.
The global protein purification and isolation market is further categorized geographically into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW). The North America market is further classified into Canada and U.S. The Asia-Pacific market is further classified into China, Japan, India, and the Rest of the Asia (RoA). The European region is further divided into France, Italy, Spain, Germany, U.K., and Rest of the Europe (RoE). The Rest of the World include Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
The major manufacturers profiled in the report are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Merck Millipore, QIAGEN N.V., Agilent Technologies, Promega Corporation, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Purolite Corporation, GE Healthcare Life Sciences, and Roche Applied Science. The manufacturers implement strategies such as partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and other to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the global protein purification and isolation market.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of current and future market status of the global protein purification and isolation market.
- This report offers an extensive quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key manufacturers within the global protein purification and isolation market are profiled in the report and their strategies have been studied thoroughly.
- The competitive landscape analysis in report helps in understanding the competitive environment across geographies.
- Geographically, the protein purification and isolation market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW).
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the global protein purification and isolation market helps in understanding the behavior of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Technology
Immobilized Metal Ion Affinity Chromatography (IMAC)
Immunoaffinity Chromatography (IAC)
Ion Exchange Chromatography
Hydrophobic Charge Induction Chromatography
Size Exclusion Chromatography
Isoelectric Focusing Electrophoresis
Dialysis & Diafiltration
- By Product
Protein Purification Kits
Protein Purification Reagents
Protein Purification Resins
Protein-Protein Interaction Studies
Disease Diagnostics & Monitoring
- By End User
Academic Medical Institutes
Hospitals & Diagnostics Centers
Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Contract Research Organizations
- By Geography
Rest of the Asia
Rest of the Europe
Rest of the World (RoW)
Middle East & Africa
* This report will be delivered in 12 Business Days. *
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.