The increasing demand for environmentally-friendly lighting technologies coupled with low energy consumption are key factors that drive the growth of the global SSL and other energy-efficient lighting systems market. The adoption of lighting products with long shelf-life along with robust design of these for better efficiency are the other factors that will boost the growth of the market. Furthermore, various government initiatives promoting the use of SSL technologies over conventional lighting are the factors that will foster the solid-state lighting and fluorescent lighting market. SSL technologies that can be used for limited or small spaces are other factors that will fuel the growth of the market. The high initial cost of equipment giving SSL & FL technologies along with lack of efficiency in heat sensitive applications are the factors that will hamper the growth of the market. Lighting applications in commercial and residential buildings will offer ample growth opportunities to the solid-state lighting and fluorescent lighting market. Continual R&D activities in the domain of optoelectronics and high brightness LEDs which can emit white light giving natural feel are the factors that will offer more market opportunities for SSL, particularly in general automotive lighting segment.
The report segments the solid-state lighting and fluorescent lighting market on the basis of applications, technology, and type of installation, industry verticals and geography. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into solid-state lighting, fluorescent lighting and CCFL. On the basis of technology, the solid-state lighting market is further segmented into LED & OLED. On the basis of technology, the fluorescent lighting is further segmented into LFL& CFL which is further segmented into plug-in CFL, integral CFL, adapter CFL, screw-based, and pin-mounted. On the basis of installation, the market is further segmented into new installation and retrofit. On the basis of applications the market is segmented into general lighting backlighting, automotive lighting, and medical lighting, among others. On the basis of industry verticals, the market is segmented into residential, commercial, educational, consumer electronics, industrial, medical and transportation. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC and ROW.
Key market players in the report are Osram Licht AG, Royal Philips Electronics N.V, Nichia Corporation, Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd., and General Electric Company.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market across the globe.
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Recent developments in government policies on various segments, such as SSL, in different countries are highlighted which will give the stakeholders insight into the regulatory framework.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
SOLID-STATE LIGHTING AND FLUORESCENT LIGHTING MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Solid-State Lighting and Fluorescent Lighting Market By Technology
- Plug-In CFL
- Integral CFL
- Adapter CFL
Solid-State Lighting and Fluorescent Lighting Market By Type of Installation
- New Installation
Solid-State Lighting and Fluorescent Lighting Market By Application
- General Lighting
- Automotive Lighting
- Medical Lighting
Solid-State Lighting and Fluorescent Lighting Market By Industry Vertical
- Consumer Electronics
Solid-State Lighting and Fluorescent Lighting Market-By Geography
- NORTH AMERICA
* This report will be delivered in 12 Business Days. *