As the paperboards are unable to handle the mechanical stress of heavy materials, it is not used in heavy material packaging. Therefore, certain heavy item manufactures do not prefer paperboard for packaging. In addition, the strict Government regulation about the deforestation would curtail its growth, as it is produced mainly from the wood. The increasing environmental awareness among the developing countries of Asia Pacific region such as India and China would lead to the usage of paperboard in the packaged food.
Product Market Analysis:
On the basis of product, the market is segmented into white lined chip board, virgin fiber-based board, coated unbleached Kraft Board, liquid packaging board, cup stock board and others. The white line chip board (WLC) is a multi layer board consisting of 60 to 100 % of recycled fiber. In addition to that, its packaging cost is very less. Therefore, it is largely used in personal care, toiletries, food, garments and health care industries.
Application Market Analysis:
On the basis of its application, the market is segmented into packaging and graphic printing. Due to its light weight property, it is very convenient to be handled in packaging, loading and unloading. On the other hand, due to its better printing and graphic capabilities, it is used as an effective marketing tool for brand awareness and promotion.
Geographic Market Analysis:
On the basis of geography, the global paperboard market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the world. The USA’s Federal Trade Commission’s Green Guidelines regarding the usage of bio renewable products creates awareness among the consumers. Due to this reason, the American consumers are more inclined towards the usage of environmentally friendly packaging material such as Paperboards instead of the conventional plastic packaging.
High Level Analysis:
This report gives an overall view of global paperboard market, which is growing rapidly due to its demand in packaging and printing industry. The driving and restraining factors for the market are strategically dealt in this analysis and more emphasis is given towards its growth opportunities. The market is analyzed using Porter’s five force model, which assists the stakeholders to understand the bargaining power of buyers & suppliers, threat of new entrants and competitive rivalry. The study includes value chain analysis for better understanding of key players in the supply chain starting from the raw material manufacturers to end users.
The major market players in the industry are ITC, Stora Enso, Shandong Bohui Paper, Zumbiel Packaging, Paper Works Industries, Graphic Packaging International, Multi Packaging Solutions, Clondalkin Group, Caraustar and Cascades Inc. Stora Enso has designed a weight reduction packaging technique to ease the supply chain, especially for frozen products. It has developed a paperboard tub that reduces the use of raw materials and offers low weight ice cream packaging for the ice-cream industry.
- The drivers and limiting factors of paperboard market is deeply analyzed in this report
- Most profitable segments are analyzed and projections are made that would give an positional advantage to the first movers in the market
- The analysis helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies for the growth of the global paperboard market
- Porter’s five forces model gives a comprehensive analysis of bargaining power of buyers & suppliers, threats of new entrants & substitutes and competition amongst the key market players
- In-depth analysis is conducted to know the market condition in various geographical regions across the world
The global paperboard market is segmented into two major categories such as types and geography.
Key Market Segments
MARKET BY TYPES
- White Lined Chip board
- Virgin Fiber-based board
- Coated Unbleached Kraft Board (CUK)
- Liquid packaging board
- Cup stock board
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Graphic Printing
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia pacific
- Rest of the world
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.