It has higher incidence of application across food industry due to its functional properties and health benefits. Soy protein ingredients are used in areas of weight management, muscle health, heart health and nutrition, alternate source of dairy and meat. It’s is a popular alternative to dairy as it does not contain lactose. Soy proteins also contain a complete amino acid profile, a characteristic not shared by all plant protein sources. On the basis of type Soy protein ingredient market is broadly segmented into Soy protein isolates, Soy protein Concentrates and Soy flour.
FDA approved the soy protein health claim on lowering coronary heart disease and thereafter numerous scientific studies have continued to support the soy protein health claim. Thus, the consumers are increasingly indulging in Soy rich diets. Soy having numerous functional properties makes it an excellent ingredient in various food products apart from its use as a fortification substance; as a result, the food industry is witnessing increasing demand for soy year after year. The soy protein market based on application includes bakery, confectionery, meat substitute, functional food, dairy substitute, infant food, and other applications. Soy protein is widely used as a meat alternative in the U.S.; thus, demand for animal protein substitute is driving the North American soy protein market.
Soy can be found in variety of items such as baked goods, cereal, crackers, canned soups, vegetable broth, salad dressings, imitation bacon bits, energy bars, reduced-fat peanut butter, pasta, deli and vegetarian meat alternatives. It’s also forms an ingredient in some vitamin E supplements, prescription drugs and cosmetics. Soy infant formula, soy milk, soy lattes, soy nut butter and soy veggie burgers form popular consumer choices. This widespread prevalence makes avoidance challenging for those who are allergic to soy, Soy allergy is one of most common food allergies in children in the United States, forming one of the top eight food allergies reported in United States. Currently allergies and anti-nutritional factors possess challenge to the market, however it’s anticipated that ongoing research will overcome this hindrance.
In North America United States is the largest soy protein market with a market share of 81.0% followed by Canada. However it’s anticipated that Mexico will have the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Du Pont, ADM, CHS, Cargill are some major players in the industry. These companies are developing market strategies such as mergers and acquisions, joint venture, new product development, and expansion to increase their market share in the North American soy protein market.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the North American Soy Protein Ingredients Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North American Soy Protein Ingredients Market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET DYNAMICS
3.1.1 Consumer attitudes reflect a mega trend of Soy food consumption
3.1.2 Recognition of Soy health benefits by forums and govt bodies
3.1.3 Increasing use of soya ingredients acorss food industry
3.2.1 Increasing incidences of Soy allergy specially among infants
3.2.2 Non nutritional componenets and risk to allergies
3.2.3 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
3.3.1 Increasing demand for health foods and good source of vegetable protein
3.3.2 Adoption of functional foods and nutritional supplements to maintain a healthy lifestyle
3.3.3 Increasing prescription of supplements by doctor
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Soy Isolates
4.1.2 Soy Concentrates
4.1.3 Soy Flours
22.214.171.124 Textured Soy Flour
126.96.36.199 Textured Soy Protein
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Bakery and confectionery
4.2.2 Meat alternatives
4.2.3 Functional foods
4.2.4 Dairy Replacement
4.2.5 Infant foods
4.3 By Country
4.3.1 North America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.2 Dupont Nutrition & Health
6.3 Cargill, Incorporated
6.4 CHS Inc.
6.5 Kerry Group PLC
6.6 Wilmar International Limited
6.7 Soja Protein