This inflammation causes redness, warmth, swelling, and pain within the joint. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, with different causes and treatment methods. Major classification of arthritis includes degenerative arthritis, inflammation arthritis, infectious and metabolic arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis or RA is classified under inflammatory arthritis. It is a chronic autoimmune disease. About 1 out of every 5 people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis get lumps on their skin called rheumatoid nodules.
This disease occurs in 4 main stages and can be diagnosed with certain blood tests, medical history, and imaging tests. There is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis, but there are various treatments available that reduce the pain like drugs, physical exercise or surgery.
The rheumatoid arthritis market is expected to grow in the coming years with growing demand for better medical facilities and more effective drugs. The US rheumatoid arthritis market dominates the global market with larger number of rheumatoid arthritis patients.
The key trends of the market include increasing competition from anti-IL6 drugs, rising FDA approvals to RA drugs, use of complementary and alternative medicines, and increasing share of biosimilars.
The key factors driving the growth of the RA market includes increasing women population, escalating global ageing population, rising health care expenditure, rising cigarette consumption, and increasing obese population. However, there are certain factors which hinder the growth of the rheumatoid arthritis market like high cost of treatment and high research and development cost.
The report offers an in-depth analysis of the "Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market" segmented into global and regional market. Competition is concentrated in the hands of few major pharmaceutical companies. Major RA companies that have been covered in the report include AbbVie, JNJ, Amgen Inc. and Pfizer Inc.
1.2 Types of Arthritis
1.2 Rheumatoid Arthritis
1.6 Treatment Options
2 Global Market
2.1 Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market by Value
2.2 Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market by Drug Class
2.3 Global Rheumatoid Market Share by Drug
2.4 Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Share by Biologics
3. The U.S. Market
3.1 The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Market by Value
3.2 The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Prevalence
3.3 The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Penetration
3.4 The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Anti-TNF Population
3.5 The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Biologics Population
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Key Trends
4.1.1 Increasing Competition from Anti-IL-6 Drugs
4.1.2 Rising FDA Approvals to Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs
4.1.3 Auto-Injectors for Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.1.4 Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicines (CAMs)
4.1.5 Increasing Biosimilars for Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.2 Growth Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Female Population Worldwide
4.2.2 Escalating Global Ageing Population
4.2.3 Rising Global Health Care Expenditure
4.2.4 Rising Cigarette Consumption
4.2.5 Increasing Obese Population
4.3.1 High Cost of Treatment
4.3.3 High R&D Cost
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Global Market
5.1.1 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Share by Company
5.1.2 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Competition by Anti-TNF
5.1.3 Rheumatoid Arthritis Competition by Biologics
5.2 The US Market
5.2.1 Rheumatoid Arthritis Brand (Company) Share
6. Company Profiles
6.1.1 Business Overview
6.1.2 Financial Overview
6.1.3 Business Strategies
6.2 Johnson & Johnson
6.2.1 Business Overview
6.2.2 Financial Overview
6.2.3 Business Strategies
6.3 Amgen Inc.
6.3.1 Business Overview
6.3.2 Financial Overview
6.3.3 Business Strategies
6.4 Pfizer Inc.
6.4.1 Business Overview
6.4.2 Financial Overview
6.4.3 Business Strategies
List of Charts
- Types of Arthritis
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market by Value (2015-2020E)
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market by Drug Class (2015/2020E)
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Share by Drug (2016E)
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Share by Biologics (2015)
- The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Market by Value (2015-2020E)
- The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Prevalence (2015-2020E)
- The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Penetration Rate (2015-2020E)
- The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Anti-TNF Population (2015-2020E)
- The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Biologics Population (2015-2020E)
- Global Female Population (2010-2015)
- Increasing Global Ageing Population of 60 Years or Older (2000-2030E)
- Global Healthcare Expenditure (2009-2015E)
- Increasing Cigarette Consumption (1910-2014)
- Increasing Obese Population (2010-2015E)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Prices (2013-2016E)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Share by Company (2015/2020E)
- The US Rheumatoid Arthritis Brand (Company) Share (2016E)
- Abbvie Revenue Share by Pharmaceutical Products (2015)
- Abbvie Revenue Share by Region (2015)
- Abbvie Revenue and Net Income (2012-2015)
- Abbvie Research and Development Expenditure (2015)
- Johnson & Johnson Revenue by Segment (2015)
- Johnson & Johnson Revenue and Net Income (2012-2015)
- Amgen Revenue Share by Products (2015)
- Amgen Revenue and Net Income (2012-2015)
- Pfizer Inc. Revenue by Segment (2015)
- Pfizer Inc. Revenue and Net Income (2012-2015)
List of Tables
- Development Progress of Anti-IL-6 Drugs for RA (2015)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Approval and Developments (2015)
- Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicines (2015)
- Clinical Development of Biosimilars in Rheumatoid Arthritis (2015)
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Competition by Biologics (2015)
- New Products of Pfizer with FDA Approval (2015/2016)
- New Innovative Product Portfolio of Johnson & Johnson (2015)
- New Products of Pfizer with FDA Approval (2015/2016)
It is triggered by a faulty immune system causing chronic inflammation of the joints. Common arthritis joint symptoms include swelling, stiffness and decreased range of motion, but if it stays for too long, it might cause permanent joint damage.
Rheumatoid arthritis usually falls in one of the two groups Seropositive Rheumatoid Arthritis and Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis. Family history and Smoking is the most significant reasons for causing rheumatoid arthritis. It has been observed that smokers are at more risk, particularly men. Non-genetic reason which is believed to the cause of RA is vitamin D deficiency. It occurs in four stages and can be diagnosed through medical history, blood tests, physical exams etc.
The global rheumatoid arthritis market is expected to be driven by key factors such as increasing female population, growing health care expenditure, increasing obese population, and rising cigarette consumption. However, industry growth is hindered by increasing treatment costs and high cost associated with R&D. The global rheumatoid arthritis market is rather concentrated with few pharmaceutical companies dominating the market through new drug approval.
The research report, "Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: 2016 Edition", provides an extensive research and detailed analysis of the market performance at present and future outlook of the global rheumatoid arthritis market. Prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis and population on biologics and anti-TNFs drugs of the overall market has been analyzed.
The report discusses the major trends of the market such as increasing completion from anti-IL6 drugs, rising FDA approvals, use of complementary and alternative medicines along with the conventional medicine course and increasing biosimilars drug class in the market.