Many consumers opt for heritage brands for an authentic tobacco sensation while others look for indulgence status and fun through smoking. Such preference opens doors for premium novel and/or sensory products. Smokeless tobacco is also an important niche that is gaining ground with a specific consumer group.
- Specialty and heritage brands are most popular among consumers in the Middle East and North Africa area and the Central and South America region.
- 46% of consumers globally say that they smoke occasionally.
- Affluent consumers and those in Europe the Middle East or Africa are the most likely to say they smoke because they enjoy it.
- Younger consumers are more likely to buy smokeless tobacco.
"Top Trends in Tobacco and Anti-Smoking" seeks to explore the key trends and future opportunities that are being shaped by the changing consumer behaviors and needs in the tobacco products space.
- CONSUMER INSIGHT: Data analyzed from consumer surveys delivers a clear picture of the global consumer in relation to tobacco categories.
- TRENDS: Understand the key consumer and innovation trends impacting the global market and analyze the key implications across packaging formulation and positioning.
- INNOVATION: See the best examples of innovation and recommendations for brands operating in the market.
Reasons To Buy:
- Find out what innovations will shape the tobacco market. This report maps five new innovation opportunities highlighting their influence across cigarettes cigars and cigarillos smoking tobacco smokeless tobacco and anti-smoking aids. Find out how to target new opportunities in the market. Product examples and key recommendations will help you derive key strategies in areas such as formulation and packaging.
- Understand consumer attitudes and behaviors and alter your strategy to target the right consumer group with the right message.
2. Innovation Trends in Tobacco
1. Traditional & True
2. The Occasional Smoker
4. The Fun Factor
5. The Smokeless Niche
- Natural American Spirit
- R.K. Reynold's
- Clavo Premio
- Be Posh
- Philip Morris
- Mac Marula
- Pall Mall
- The Lab Fresh