Novel applications such as Alzheimer’s and continually expanding oncology application segment also drive the market. Till now, SPECT imaging was the mainstream modality for nuclear medicine applications like nuclear cardiology procedures. However, the trend is soon going to flip upside down because of global shortage of molybdenum-99 isotope which is in turn will lead to shortage of Technetium-99, which is the daughter product of molybdenum. Hence, PET imaging products which includes hybrid PET-CT scanners holds a potential market size in coming years. The cost associated with PET-CT service contract is usually 105 of the system purchase price annually and can be as high as $275,000 per year. The emerging market trend is fusion of nuclear imaging with different diagnostic imaging products such as PET/CT, SPECT/CT, and MRI/PET. This provides full gamut of imaging scans through the same unit and at the same time. PET market is expected to witness more growth compared to SPECT imaging as it provides higher resolution images and the lack of availability of technetium-99m is propelling industry to look for alternative diagnostic procedures.
Analysing the application segment of SPECT and PET, PET is majorly being used in oncology because of good quality of imaging. While, SPECT is majorly used in cardiology segment accounting for almost 90% of the market share in cardiology. North America has 5729 PET procedures while the number of PET procedures in Asia-Pacific region is 369636 owing to the increased demand of nuclear medicine diagnostic procedures in developing nations. Market is segmented into two major segments SPECT (Technetium-99m (TC-99m), Thallium-201 (TL-201), Iodine (I-123) and others) and PET (Fluorine-18, Rubidium-82 (RB-82) and others). By application market is segmented into SPECT (cardiology, lymphoma, thyroid, neurology and others) and PET(oncology, cardiology, neurology and others).By geography market is segmented into North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific etc.
North America accounts for the highest share of the global nuclear imaging market; followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Asian countries are expected to show a growing trend in diagnostic sector because of increasing diagnostic procedure demand and rise in medical device industry. Major players in the market are Cardiarc Ltd., Digirad Corporation, Gamme Medica Inc., GE healthcare, Hologic Inc. etc. Mergers and acquisitions of small and medium sized manufacturers to enter in overseas market is another strategy adopted by multinational players.
Drivers: Major factors for the growth of the market are increasing use of SPECT and PET analysis in radiopharmaceuticals, increased awareness of people for radiopharmaceuticals, and ready availability of radiopharmaceuticals .Novel applications such as Alzheimerï¿½?s and continually expanding oncology application segment also drive the market.
Constraints: Some of the major constrains for the market are shorter half- life of radioisotopes, high capital investment, regulatory guidelines and reimbursement issues.
What the report offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Nuclear Imaging Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Nuclear Imaging Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received
- Study Deliverables
- Market Definition
- Sizing Units
- Base Currency
- Review and Forecast Period Years
- General Study Assumptions
- Research Methodology
- Analysis Methodology
- Econometric Forecast Model
- Research Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Key Inferences
- Market Characterisation
- Current Market Scenario
- Market Overview
- New Developments
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Consumers
- Threat of New Entrants
- Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
- Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges (DROC) Analysis
- Nuclear Imaging Market Segmentation
- By Diagnostic Technologies
- SPECT Radioisotopes
- PET Radioisotopes
- By Applications
- By Geography
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Latin America
- Competitive Landscape
- Merger and Acquisition Analysis
- New Product Launches
- Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
- Company Profiling
- Cardiarc Ltd
- Digirad Corporation
- Gamma Medica Inc
- Ge Healthcare
- Hologic Inc.
- Medx Inc
- Naviscan Inc
- Positron Corporation
- Segami Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare
- Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
- Future Outlook of the Market