Clinical nutrition foods are specifically formulated, processed and intended for the dietary management of diseases, and for the patients suffering from medical conditions in which they are not able to absorb or digest the normal food. There foods are intended for the exclusive or partial feeding of people whose nutritional requirements are not met by normal foods.
The major driving factors for the growth of the market are increasing aging population, increased disease diagnosis like cardiovascular diseases, cancer, dementia and diabetes. Other factors affecting the growth of the market are increased preterm birth deaths in high income countries. . However, market is highly constrained because of medical foods category is tightly regulated by the FDA- oral/tube and the reimbursement issues. Lack of awareness of people about the nutrition products and disease treatment associated with nutrition products is also hindering the growth of the market.
Analyzing the patent applications in clinical nutrition, there are 222 European clinical nutrition patent applications between 1990 and 2010. The analysis of the industry trends shows that the industry currently resides in the growth phase and is estimated to reach the stage of maturation within 2 years with approximately 400 patents. Predominately neurological diseases, cancer and diabetes show opportunity for future clinical nutrition innovations while gastrointestinal and infection related diseases have already reached a market saturation stage. Three distinct patent strategies followed within this industry: the Prospector; the Analyzer; and the Reactor.
Within Europe, Germany and the UK are expected to drive the growth of the market mainly because of the increasing aged population and the growing number of people suffering from health disorders. Enteral nutrition is the fast growing segment driven by the strong demand from outpatient setting.
Europe Clinical nutrition market is segmented by type of applications( Infant, child, adult, sports nutrition and therapeutic nutrition) by Ingredients( vitamins and amino acids, minerals and glucose), by type of services( diarrhea, cancer, diabetes, renal diseases, protein mal-absorption etc.), by route of administration( oral, tube feeding and parentral) and by country wise( UK, Germany, France, and Sweden etc.) ï¿½ The key players in the market are focused on expansion of the business by launching new products and extending the product line. Mergers and acquisitions of small and medium sized manufacturers to enter in overseas market is another strategy adopted by multinational players. The major players in the market are Abbott Healthcare, Nestle Health Sciences, Danone clinical nutrition, Fresenius Kabi, Nutricia etc.
What the Report Offers
1) Market Definition Asia-Pacific Clinical nutrition market mark along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific Clinical nutrition market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Reasons for Buying this Report
1)For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the worldwide market for Asia-Pacific Clinical nutrition.Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered
3) Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Industry Trends
5.3 Porter’s Five Forces
5.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Restraints
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 Market Segmentation- By Application
7.1.4 Sports nutrition
7.1.5 Therapeutic nutrition
7.2 Market Segmentation- By Ingredients
7.2.1 Vitamins and amino acids
7.3 Market Segmentation, by Service
7.3.1 Protein Maldigestion
7.3.3 Food allergies
7.3.7 Short bowel syndrome
7.3.8 GI- Track impairment
7.3.9 Acute Lung injury
7.3.10 Acute respiratory distress
7.4 Market Segmentation by Route of Administration
8. Market Segmentation by Geography
8.1.5 Spain & Portugal
9.1 Merger and Acquisition Analysis
9.2 New Product Launches
9.3 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
9.4 Patent Analysis
9.5 The Challengers
10. Key Vendor Analysis
10.2 Nestle Health Science
10.3 Danone medical nutrition
10.4 Fresenius Kabi
10.5 Baxter Healthcare and Peptide
10.6 B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
11. Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
12. Future Outlook of the Market