This research service on the 'Automation Services - A High Stakes Market' evaluates the evolution of automation services from a conventional model to a managed services model. The study brings out the investment matrix for different service segments in process and discrete industries. The implications of IIoT-enabled technologies on automation services in discussed in a detailed manner. Our expert analysts have also shortlisted top 3 recommendations for the solution providers in the automation services market.
Immense adoption of advanced services in discrete industries is driving the growth of IIoT-enabled automation services. Process and discrete industries are transforming into a dynamic and flexible method of executing operations. This can be attributed to the increase in the number of intricate operations and complex service requirements. These intricate requirements have forced automation services vendors to adopt IIoT-based technologies. The development of advanced service models for discrete industries has seen greater momentum; this can be attributed to the higher demand for one-stop-shop sophisticated service modules.
The evolution of new services segments such as Security Services, Software and Application Management Services and Industrial Data Services can be directly linked to the strong influence of IIoT-based technologies in the automation services market. Industrial data services and software and application management services are poised to see double-digit growth in the next two years, with large-scale adoption in discrete industries. Overall, the future of automation services will be dominated by cloud, Big Data, and augmented reality platforms.
2. Mega Trends to Micro Booms-Definitions and Tie-ins
- Mega Trends to Micro Booms
- What are Mega Trends and Micro Booms?
- Micro Booms-What will We be Looking into?
- Scope of the Study
- Service Segments Definitions
- Business Insights
- Business Insight 1: The shift from traditional service to managed services is set to revolutionize the automation services business model.
- The Move Towards Managed Automation Services
- Objectives of Managed Automation Services
- Outlook of Totally Integrated Automation Services
- Impact of Integration of Field Devices and Smart Mobile Devices on Managed Services Platforms
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Service
- Key Transformational Functionality Criteria Impacting the Automation Services
- Future of Automation Services
- Growth Insights
- Growth Insight 2: Increased adoption of advanced services in discrete industries is driving the growth of IIoT-enabled automation services.
- Automation Services Across Industry Verticals
- IIoT-Enabling Technologies in the Automation Services Segment
- Regional Analysis of Automation Services for Process Industries
- Regional Analysis of Automation Services for Discrete Industries
- Automation Services-End-User Requirement Analysis
- Profit Insights
- Profit Insight 3: Automation services is a lucrative business opportunity with the total investments poised to reach $30 Billion by 2018
- Automation Services Market-Investment Breakdown
- Investment Analysis by Segment
- Market Share Breakdown by Competitor Type
- Service Channel Breakdown
- Top Recommendations
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Additional Sources of Information on Automation Services
- Partial List of Companies Interviewed