Collection letters for insurance and private patient situations will be part of the materials given. You will feel confident in your appeals and collection work after this training session
Why should you Attend: Collections and Appeals in any industry for past due amounts can be a tough job, but when you add the Medical Billing office piece to it, you also have share of cost for patients, Medicare rules and Regulations, Private Payor contracts, and Collectors without experience in medical terminology needed for successful claims appeals. This workshop will help with all of that doubt and confusion and show how to be successful in this important aspect of the Central Billing Office. This will take the Biller and Collector's job description to a whole new level of professionalism and make their value to their practice irreplaceable.
- Professional Courtesy Addressed
- Patient Collections: Getting the Share of Cost from the patient
- Insurance Collections: Specifics for that medical specialty office
- Appealing Cardiac Cath with PCI denials
- Appealing Multiple Endoscopy codes performed on same day -that get denials
- Collecting on past due claims- how to avoid collection companies
- The appeals process for E/M and procedures on the same date that get denied
- Multiple Orthopedic surgery procedural denials > how to appeal
- PV, General Surgery and more.
Owner & Educator, Auditor, Medical and Sports Writer ,
Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc.
Terry Fletcher is a Specialty Coding Industry Expert , Auditor and Educator based in Laguna Beach, California, with over 30 years experience. Terry is a past member of the National Advisory Board for AAPC, past Chair of the AAPCCA, and National Conference educator. Ms. Fletcher is the Technical Editor for the Cardiology Coder's Pink sheet from DecisionHealth LLC and Editorial Advisor for Cardiology Coding Alert! from The Coding Instutite.
Terry is an Educator for McVey Seminars, MGMA, Audio Educator, Medlearn and Decision Health, teaching over 100 specialty coding seminars, teleconferences and Webinars every year. Terry holds a bachelor’s degree (BS) in economics, multiple certifications in coding, and her proficiency certification in ICD-10-CM: CPC, CCC, CEMC, SCP-CA, ACS-CA, CCS-P, CCS, CMSCS, CMC, CMCS. Her coding and reimbursement specialties include: Cardiology, Peripheral-Cardiology, Gastroenterology, E/M Auditing, Orthopedics and Interventional Radiology.