Why should you Attend: Medical CPT Coding can be an exact science for some, but for most it is a grey area, that needs careful navigation. Beginning coders to Experts in the field, continue to struggle with modifier coding assignment and there is little relief as to what is the "correct way" to code. Since modifier usage is very subjective and different payers have different rules, it is important that we look not only at the Medicare (CMS) perspective and rules, but also what Private Payers are allowing for reporting purposes and how do the E/M, surgical and HCPCS modifiers translate to payment to the provider? The Coder and Biller will come away with a better understanding and more confidence when using modifiers.
As well as be given quick reference tools to assist them in their efforts to capture, not only the right CPT code and appropriate modifier, but also guidance on how to maximize their payment and reimbursement efforts for their physicians
- We will look at the "hot topic" modifiers as -22 and -25.
- The -26 modifier for professional services will have specific direction, along with the -57 modifier for decision for surgery situations.
- The procedural modifiers like 51 and 59 will be discussed and live examples from different specialty coding scenarios will the presented.
- The HCPCS -59 subset modifiers, -XU, XS, XE and XP will be presented with case studies on when they are appropriate over the -59 modifier.
- We will include many more modifiers and special situations when appropriate.
Owner & Educator, Auditor, Medical and Sports Writer ,
Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc.
Terry Fletcher is a Specialty Coding Industry Expert , Auditor and Educator based in Laguna Beach, California, with over 30 years experience. Terry is a past member of the National Advisory Board for AAPC, past Chair of the AAPCCA, and National Conference educator. Ms. Fletcher is the Technical Editor for the Cardiology Coder's Pink sheet from DecisionHealth LLC and Editorial Advisor for Cardiology Coding Alert! from The Coding Instutite.
Terry is an Educator for McVey Seminars, MGMA, Audio Educator, Medlearn and Decision Health, teaching over 100 specialty coding seminars, teleconferences and Webinars every year. Terry holds a bachelor’s degree (BS) in economics, multiple certifications in coding, and her proficiency certification in ICD-10-CM: CPC, CCC, CEMC, SCP-CA, ACS-CA, CCS-P, CCS, CMSCS, CMC, CMCS. Her coding and reimbursement specialties include: Cardiology, Peripheral-Cardiology, Gastroenterology, E/M Auditing, Orthopedics and Interventional Radiology.