What is Transformer Oil?
Transformer Oil is an oil that is steady at high temperature and a superlative insulator for electricity. This transformer oil is majorly a derivative of mineral oils, but substitute composition with better physical and chemical properties are growing in demand.
What are the major applications of Transformer Oil?
During voltage fluctuation, the windings temperature in the transformer gradually increase. The transformer oil acts as a cooling agent to reduce the raising temperature. By increasing the resistance between the windings and keeping away the short circuit by acting as an insulators. It minimizes the humming noise which causes less vibration in the transformer. On the whole, transformer oil acts as a medium for transferring the heat in an electric transformer.
Market Research and Market Trends of Transformer Oil?
- Mineral oil being the most widely used transformer oil. Now, Researchers are investigating the possibilities for replacing the mineral oils by biodegradation of esters, which would be much better than the mineral oil or silicon liquid. Further verification of properties like dielectric strength, particle discharge and material compatibility has also been done. Due to remarkable enhancement of renewable energy sources in major APAC countries which is a major user of bio-based oil for transformers, followed by Americas and Europe, there is a high demand for this bio-based transformer oil.
- Industries operating with transformers are always wanted energy loss should be as minimum as possible. There is a demand for new optimized resources which makes the operation in transformer to be cost effective and minimize the energy loss. Researchers have introduced Renewable Transformer Oil, will reduce the energy loss in the transformer to a great extent due to its low viscosity and thinner physical properties. Many major players have invested in the research and development of this renewable transformer oil since it is estimated that there will be huge demand for this oil due to its energy reduction property, which will save the operation cost for the manufacturers.
- Nowadays, there is a requirement of technical resources for continuous remote monitoring and evaluate internal state and performance of the transformer or oil-filled electronic assets. Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA), is low cost sensor for monitoring chemical instruments, will remarkably increase the diagnostic abilities allowing the distribution of oil filled electronic assets. Major players like ABB., Siemens, are demanding in adopting this analysis technique due to its accuracy in evaluation of performance of the oil filled transformers.
Who are the Major Players in market?
The key players operating in the Transformer Oil Market are BASF SE., Royal Dutch Shell., Dairen Chemical Corp., Eden Oils., Nynas AB., Ergon Inc., Cargill Inc., and other 10 more companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.2. Mineral Oils
188.8.131.52. Paraffinic Oils
184.108.40.206. Naphthenic Oils
220.127.116.11. Aromatic Oils
6.3.3. Synthetic Oils
18.104.22.168. Dibutyl Phthalate
22.214.171.124. Diisobutyl adipate
6.3.4. Bio-based Oil
6.3.5. Others (tetra fatty acids, esters, fluorocarbon, nanofluids )
7.2. Oil Filled Transformer
7.3. Circuit Breakers
7.4. Power Transformer
7.5. Distribution Transformer
7.6. Instrument Transformer
7.7. Others (High-Voltage capacitors, Fluorescent lamp ballasts, High Voltage Switches, Generators, Welding Set, X-Ray Machine, Submersible )
8.2. Cooling Agent
8.4. Chemical Stabilizer
9.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. Transformer Oil - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. Transformer Oil - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. Transformer Oil – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14.2. Royal Dutch Shell
14.3. Dairen Chemical Corp
14.4. Eden Oils.
14.5. Nynas AB.
14.6. Ergon Inc.
14.7. Cargill Inc.
16.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
16.1.2. Industry Databases
16.1.4. Company News
16.1.5. Company Annual Reports
16.1.6. Application Trends
16.1.7. New Products and Product database
16.1.8. Company Transcripts
16.1.9. R&D Trends
16.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
16.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends