According to the Federation of European Specialty Food Ingredients Industry, currently the specialty food ingredients market contribute around $40 billion to the annual turnover of the European Union food and drinks industry. As per the prevalence, these foods are of high quality and are used for production of high-value food products with improved shelf life, production value, good for health, and improved taste. Owing to this, the global specialty food ingredients market size stood at $43 billion in 2020. These ingredients are essential in providing the consumers with a wide range of safe, qualitative, and affordable foods. The demand is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
North America, has been observing continuous growth in the region due to growing concerns regarding eating healthier food and magnificent capacity of production in the United States and Canada. The rising concerns of obesity and diabetes are influencing the consumers to focus more on healthy life, owing to this, the demand for healthy food has flourished in the North America specialty food ingredients market. In 2020, North America had the maximum specialty food ingredients market share of 36%.
Specialty Food Ingredients Market Outlook:
Specialty food ingredients emulsifies, preserves, provides color and texture, and improves the nutritional value of the processed or cooked food, owing to these factors, the industry is able to meet the consumers demand. Additionally, strong science-based and strong innovation-driven position in the process of food chain makes the specialty food ingredients market a major contributor of the food and beverage sector.
The growth of specialty food market is considerably dependent on the sustainability of the processed food products. Furthermore, Europe along with North America is investing ample amount of money in the R&D for developing innovating specialty food ingredients. These activities are ballooning the Europe bakery market. Owing to immense use in bakery and confectionary, the specialty food ingredients market is predicted to observe growth at a CAGR of 5.80% through to 2025.
Speciality Food Ingredients Market
Specialty Food Ingredients Market Growth Drivers and Market Trends:
- Plant-Based Specialty Food Ingredients
2019 was a year for plant-based food in the market. Owing to the emerging preference towards vegan and organic food, and the changing lifestyle of the consumers the plant-based specialty food ingredients are considered as the most nutrient dense foods on earth. Moreover, the growing concerns towards the healthcare is driving the plant-based specialty food ingredients market.
- Ayurvedic Products Thrives in the Market
The specialty food ingredients market is targeting the old age consumers as they are more inclined towards ayurvedic products. The manufacturers are working towards setting up new menu for their consumers and it is driving growth for the market.
- Probiotic-Friendly Functional Beverages Burgeoning
There has been a significant growth in the refrigerated RTD functional beverages sales in the recent years. For instance, the probiotic-friendly kombucha has taken over the market, inviting more functional beverages competitors that tout the health.
- Ingredion Incorporated Acquires Western Polymer
In March 2020, Ingredion Incorporated, an ingredient provider company, announced its operations acquisition of Western Ploymer, a company that supplies high-quality starch products. The acquisition is to enhance the high-value specialty ingredients business and the processing capabilities.
- Cargill Intends to Acquire Smet
In April 2020, Cargill Incorporated, a conglomerate company, announced its intent to acquire Smet, a Belgium-based supplier chocolate company, for their global gourmet chocolate activities by expanding the product portfolio and services.
Specialty Food Ingredients Market Key Players Perspective –
The major players striving to capitalize on the specialty food ingredients market are The Archer Daniels Midland Company, E. I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company, Cargill Incorporated, Kerry Group, Ingredion Incorporated, Tate & Lyle, Naturex S.A., Prinova Group LLC, HR Hansen Group, and Koninklijke DSM N.V.
Specialty Food Ingredients Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the specialty food ingredients market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The specialty food ingredients market research report also analyses the application of the specialty food ingredients in various applications such as Bakery & Confectionery, Dairy Products, Meat Products, Savory & Salty Snacks, and Beverages.
Specialty Food Ingredients Market Report: Industry Coverage
This report also documents the specialty food ingredients market based on product type that includes Flavors, Acidulant, Colors, Enzymes, Emulsifiers/Stabilizers, Food Preservatives
The specialty food ingredients market report also analyzes the major geographic regions as well as the major countries in these regions.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Specialty Food Ingredients Market Report
- Is the market demand for specialty food ingredients growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Which type of home security system presents the major growth opportunities?
- Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
- Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
- Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
- What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
- What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
- What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
- Who are the top players/companies of the market?
- What are the recent innovations in the market?
- How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
- What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
- What is our Vision 2030 for the machine tool market?
A Few Focus Points Of This Research Are Given Below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future global machine tool market during the forecast 2020–2025
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
Please Note: The report is to be delivered in 1-2 working days after an order is placed.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Executive Summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends
2.2. Key Trends by Type of Application
3. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value Split by Key Companies
4. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Startup Companies Scenario
4.1. Top 10 Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Market Forces
5.2. Constraints & Challenges
5.3. Porter’s Five Force Model
5.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.3.2. Bargaining Power of Customers
5.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
5.3.4. Rivalry Among Existing Players
5.3.5. Threat of Substitutes
6. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Strategic Analysis
6.1. Value Chain Analysis
6.2. Opportunities Analysis
6.3. Market Life Cycle
7. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – By Types (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
7.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
7.2. Type Segment Analysis
7.8. Food Preservatives
7.10. Nutritional Food ingredients
7.11. Others (Starches, Cultures, Texturing Agents)
8. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Segment Analysis
8.3. Bakery & Confectionery
8.4. Dairy Products
8.5. Meat Products
8.6. Savoury & Salty Snacks
8.8. Others (Dietary Supplements, Frozen Food Products)
9. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – By Geography (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
9.1. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – North America Segment Research
9.2. North America Market Research (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
9.2.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.2.2. North America
9.3. Specialty Food Ingredients Market - - Europe Segment Research
9.4. Europe Market Research (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
9.4.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
9.5. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – APAC Segment Research
9.6. APAC Market Research (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
9.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
188.8.131.52. South Korea
184.108.40.206. Rest of APAC
9.7. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – RoW Segment Research
9.8. RoW Market Research (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
9.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
220.127.116.11. Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168. South America
10. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Market Entropy
11. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape
11.1. Market Share Analysis
11.1.1. Market Share by Country – Top Companies
11.1.2. Market Share by Region - Top Companies
11.1.3. Best Practices for Companies
12. Specialty Food Ingredients Market Company Analysis
12.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
12.11. Company 10
13. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Appendix
14. Specialty Food Ingredients Market – Methodology
14.1. Research Methodology
14.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
14.1.2. Industry Databases
14.1.4. Company News
14.1.5. Company Annual Reports
14.1.6. Application Trends
14.1.7. New Products and Product Database
14.1.8. Company Transcripts
14.1.9. R&D Trends
14.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
14.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends