"The key issue in telecoms software is digital transformation, which is driving significant change in the USD80 billion market for telecoms software and related professional services."
Telecoms software and related professional services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from USD80 billion to over USD100 billion by 2020. The efforts of communications service providers (CSPs) to become digital service providers will drive this growth but – more importantly – will lead to dramatic growth in spending on cloud and network function software.
This report provides:
- recommendations for how vendors and CSPs can approach the changing demands on telecoms software
- a detailed 5-year forecast of the worldwide telecoms software market, split according to the following areas:
- customer care
- network orchestration and management
- revenue management
- service assurance
- service delivery platforms
- service fulfilment
- cloud software
- network function software
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)
- Developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP)
- Emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP)
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
- North America (NA)
- Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Western Europe (WE)
Telecoms service types
- consumer wireless
- consumer fixed
- business wireless
- business fixed
Who Should Read this Report
- CSP strategists will understand to what extent they can depend upon productised solutions and where they will need to increase their focus on
services-led customised solutions.
- CSP strategists will understand where technology innovations are creating disruption and opportunity in digital transformation.
- Vendor strategy teams will see where growth is slowing and where it is increasing – according to different application categories, regions and
- Professional services vendors will see the areas of greatest growth differentiated by application categories for the first time in our research.