The Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market is forecast to register strong value growth and marginal volume growth during 2015-2020. The Milk category has the highest volume share and is also forecast to register fastest value growth (both off-trade and on-trade) during 2015-2020. Health-conscious Canadian consumers are seeking Dairy & Soy Food products fortified with vitamins minerals and beneficial bacterial cultures that contribute to overall wellbeing of an individual. Dairy & Soy Foods containing locally sourced ingredients will become more popular in future as an increasing number of Canadians are opting for products that not only support local farmers but are also fresher than the ones transported across large distances.
- The Dairy & Soy Food market in Canada will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
- The Milk category has the highest volume share in the overall Dairy & Soy Food market.
- The Cream category is expected to record maximum gain in market share during 2015-2020.
- The Dairy & Soy Food market accounts for around one-fourth of the overall food retail sales by value in Canada.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the overall Dairy & Soy Food market.
- Products with locally sourced ingredients will drive demand in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market.
- Wellbeing and On-The-Go are the major trends that are driving the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market.
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Dairy & Soy Food market in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats Cheese Cream Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts Drinkable Yogurt Fromage Frais & Quark Milk Soymilk & Soy Drinks and Yogurt with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics Flexible Packaging Paper & Board and others; container data for: Tub Pouch Carton Film and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Dairy & Soy Food products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice analysis -Key Takeaways
Market Overview, Consumer Demographics and Pricing Analysis
- Value and volume analysis for the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- Degree of trade up/down in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market (Off-trade and On-trade)
- Volume analysis by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share (Off-trade / On-trade) in the category (value terms) and change in market share
- Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization -at category level
- Inter-country comparison of average price per kg by category
- Top variants and pack size distribution analysis
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Canadian Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
- Penetration of private label by category in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
- Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
- Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
- Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
- Dairy & Soy Food market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Dairy & Soy Food market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Dairy & Soy Food market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
- consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market:
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- How to target the trend in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- How the trend will evolve in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
- What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Dairy & Soy Food market in the future
Examples of New Product Development
- New products launched in the Canadian Dairy & Soy Food market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Health & Wellness data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Health & Wellness definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Country Indicators -overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to CAD
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Market volume growth, by category (Off-trade), 2015-2020
Table 7: Market volume growth, by category (On-trade), 2015-2020
Table 8: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 9: Online average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 10: Leading retailers
Table 11: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 12: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 13: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 14: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis (Total, Off-trade & On-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior (Off-trade) -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Consumers purchase behavior (On-trade) -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 6:Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 7: Market value growth analysis by category (Off-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 8: Market value growth analysis by category (On-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 9: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 10:Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 11: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 13: Leading distribution channels, overall Dairy & Soy Food, 2015
Figure 14: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 15: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 16: Private label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 17: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 18: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 19: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 20: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 21:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
- Groupe Lactalis
- Conagra Foods Inc.
- Agropur Cooperative
- Gay Lea Foods Co-Operative Ltd.
- Saputo Inc.
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- Stirling Creamery Ltd
- Liberte Products Inc
- Organic Meadow Inc
- Produits Naturels Prasad
- Cows Creamery
- Melt Inc
- Boulder Brands Inc.
- F and N Foods Pte Ltd
- Lady'S Choice
- Mondelez International Inc
- Sargento Foods Inc.
- Beemster Cheese
- Silani Sweet Cheese Ltd
- Groupe Bel
- Bongrain S.A.
- Mars Incorporated
- Du Village
- Woolwich Dairy Inc.
- Kraft Foods Inc
- Nestlé S.A.
- Kozy Shack
- General Mills Inc.
- The Hershey Company
- Goudas Foods Ltd.
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Dean Foods Company
- Vitasoy International Holdings Limited
- A Canadian Family Company