The Suncare market in China is one of the fastest growing globally. Whitening Suncare products dominate in China as consumers attach high importance to fairer skin. Sun Protection is the largest category followed by the After Sun category in 2015. The Suncare market in China is highly price sensitive as majority of the urban consumers in China tend to compare products either offline or online before purchasing. Going ahead the demand for multifunctional Suncare products will increase as consumers look for products that saves time and money.
- Among the two analyzed Suncare categories the Sun Protection is the leading value category with 91.6% share by value in the Chinese Suncare market.
- The Flip/Snap Top is the most commonly used closure type and its usage is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.1% in the Chinese Suncare market during 2015-2020.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics Pty. Ltd. Beiersdorf AG and Shiseido Company Limited are the market leaders in the Chinese Suncare market.
- Convenience Stores is the leading distribution channel in the Chinese Suncare market.
- On-The -Go and Value are the major trends that are driving the Chinese Suncare market.
- The Suncare products which are baby and child specific will drive demand in the Chinese Suncare market.
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in China provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Health & Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging Rigid Plastics Glass and others; container data for: Tube Bottle Tub Aerosol and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Suncare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Suncare products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the Chinese Suncare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Chinese Suncare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Chinese Cosmetics & Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Chinese Suncare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Suncare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in the Chinese Suncare market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Brand share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Chinese Suncare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Chinese Suncare market
- How to target the trend in the Chinese Suncare market
- How the trend will evolve in the Chinese Suncare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the Chinese Suncare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in CNY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to CNY
Table 4: Average prices (CNY and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics & Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Private label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 10: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 11: Brand share by categories, 2015
- Shiseido Company Limited
- Estée Lauder Inc.
- Coty Inc.
- Shanghai Herborist Cosmetics Co. Ltd.
- Beiersdorf AG
- L'Oréal Group
- Kao corporation
- Guangzhou Uniasia Cosmetics Science Technology Co Ltd
- Hangzhou Po Laiya Trade Co.Ltd
- Johnson and Johnson GmbH
- Nu Skin Enterprises
- Amorepacific Corporation
- Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique
- Guangdong pills US Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
- Lianhua Supermarkets
- China Resources Vanguard
- NGS Group
- AS Watsons
- Wu Mart Stores