Major players in the UK markets are forecasted for a slow growth period owing to its status as a mature market characterized by strong price competition. The development of private labels and increased brand promotion are favoring many new players; the rise in the trends of premiumisation and pet humanization are driving this growth. Pet humanization is the ascribing of human qualities to pets wherein consumers are growing high concern regarding pet health and wellness; this is a major driver for the market leading to numerous changes in packaging and branding of products. The offshoot of this process is the development of high end premium pet products with an increased price range catering to the specific nutritional and ethical needs of the consumers.
Strong presence of animal and health advocacy groups in the region is impacting the domestic regulations regarding product labeling and ingredients; these along with the EU guidelines are a major constraint for the major players. The focus here tends to be on the sugar, carbohydrates and meat content of the food, strongly mimicking human trend, due to the increasing incidence of pet obesity. Manufacturers are increasing using natural/organic ingredients to capitalize on the trend. The industry is also utilizing the increased penetration of the e-commerce sector, giving customers more flexibility and ease in shopping.
The market is segmented into dry food, wet food, snacks, veterinary food, liquid food, and organic food. Dry food is the largest segment accounting for a large part of total market share, followed by snacks and wet foods. The free-from products such as grain free, soy free, and low grain products are gaining a major foothold in regard to the increasing health consciousness among consumers. The market is also segmented based on animal type, with dogs and cats occupying the major market share. The market further segmented based on pricing and sales channels, with supermarkets and hypermarkets occupying a significant share. Heavy discounts and attractive offers offered by the e-commerce stores has a noticeable impact on the sales of supermarkets etc.
The major companies in the UK pet food market are Mars Inc., Nestle Petcare, P&G Pet Care, and Hill’s Pet Nutrition. Pet ownership in UK is large and stable and thus a good growth opportunity for new players with innovative and attractive products rather than manufacturing the regular products. Also, there continues significant investor interest in the area of health care.
This Report Offers:
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the United Kingdom Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the United Kingdom Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Should You Buy This Report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the United Kingdom Pet Food Market
2. To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Pet Refinement/ Humanization influencing the purchasing decisions
3.1.2 Changing perception of consumer towards pet health
3.1.3 Increasing trend of nuclear family
3.1.4 Increasing sales from Therapeutic pet food
3.2.1 Issues with regulatory
3.2.2 Pets increasing obesity
3.2.3 Pet allergies
3.3.1 Growing demand for innovative pet food
3.3.2 Increasing online sales and home delivery
3.3.3 Growth in demand for natural and organic pet foods
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threats of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threats of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.1.1 Dry Pet Foods
126.96.36.199 Grain Free
4.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
188.8.131.52 Grain Free
4.1.3 Veterinary Diets
4.1.5 Liquid Food
4.1.6 Organic Product
4.2 By Pricing
4.2.1 Economic Segment
4.2.2 Premium Segment
4.2.3 Super Premium Segment
4.3 By Animal Type
4.3.4 Other Animals
4.4 By Ingredients Type
4.4.1 Animal Derived
4.4.2 Plant Derived
4.4.3 Cereals and Cereal Derivatives
4.5 By Sales Channels
4.5.1 Specialized Pet Shops
4.5.2 Internet Sales
4.5.4 Others (Grocery, Non-Grocery Stores)
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Mars Inc
6.2 Nestle SA (Purina)
6.3 Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
6.4 Uni-Charm Corp
6.5 Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
6.6 InVivo NSA
6.7 Agrolimen Sa
6.8 Mogiana Alimentos SA
6.9 Heristo AG
6.12 J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
6.13 Diamond Pet Foods
6.14 Blue Buffalo
6.15 Merrick Pet Care
6.16 Sunshine Mills
6.17 Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
6.18 Yamahisa Pet Care
6.19 Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd
- Nestle SA (Purina)
- Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
- Uni-Charm Corp
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
- InVivo NSA
- Agrolimen Sa
- Mogiana Alimentos SA
- Heristo AG
- J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Blue Buffalo
- Merrick Pet Care
- Sunshine Mills
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
- Yamahisa Pet Care
- Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd