The concept of owing pets and taking care of them is a very urban phenomenon in India. The growth of the market therefore is largely dependent on the pace of urbanization; the infrastructure changes of the past two decades signal a very positive and rapid movement here. The initial impasse of the Indian consumer over spending on pets is slowly giving way to the feeling of pet humanization and sensitization, trends well demonstrated by the rapid rise in adoption rates. The other major driver for the industry is the delayed parenthood witnessed in most urban and newly married couples, the owing of a pet often acts as an emotional stimulant in these cases. The hectic and tiresome lifestyles developed due to the rapid modernization has made most urban dwellers time- handicapped, leading to an increased preference for commercial packaged pet foods. The convenience offered by these products can well transcend beyond the urban setting if leveraged properly thereby underlining the market potential of the nation.
The market is segmented based on the product type, animal type, pricing and sales channels. In line with most nations the dog and cat foods occupy the most prominent position, with an estimated rise in the fish and other exotic animal populations. Due to certain social and cultural constrictions dog populations vastly outnumber that of cats in India. As a direct consequence of these stats the wet and dry segments occupy the leading position, with visibly growing numbers form organics. The nation is characterized with a monetarily strong middle class, making the economic pricing segment an important revenue generator. Super markets are the leading outlets for pet food but the trend is expected to shift to specialist stores in the future.
Mars had the pioneer advantage and consequentially dominates the market with 70% market share. This is followed by brands such as PetSetGo, Drools, Bharat International Pet Foods, Agro Food Industries Pvt. Ltd, Gitwako Farms (I) Pvt. Ltd., and IB Group.
This Report Offers:
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the India Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the India Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Should You Buy This Report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the India Pet Food Market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Pet Refinement/ Humanization influencing the purchasing decisions
3.1.2 Changing perception of consumer towards pet health
3.1.3 Increasing trend of nuclear family
3.1.4 Increasing sales from Therapeutic pet food
3.2.1 Issues with regulatory
3.2.2 Pets increasing obesity
3.2.3 Pet allergies
3.3.1 Growing demand for innovative pet food
3.3.2 Increasing online sales and home delivery
3.3.3 Growth in demand for natural and organic pet foods
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threats of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threats of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.1.1 Dry Pet Foods
184.108.40.206 Grain Free
4.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
220.127.116.11 Grain Free
4.1.3 Veterinary Diets
4.1.5 Liquid Food
4.1.6 Organic Product
4.2 By Pricing
4.2.1 Economic Segment
4.2.2 Premium Segment
4.2.3 Super Premium Segment
4.3 By Animal Type
4.3.4 Other Animals
4.4 By Ingredients Type
4.4.1 Animal Derived
4.4.2 Plant Derived
4.4.3 Cereals and Cereal Derivatives
4.5 By Sales Channels
4.5.1 Specialized Pet Shops
4.5.2 Internet Sales
4.5.4 Others (Grocery, Non-Grocery Stores)
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Mars Inc
6.2 Nestle SA (Purina)
6.3 Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
6.4 Uni-Charm Corp
6.5 Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
6.6 InVivo NSA
6.7 Agrolimen Sa
6.8 Mogiana Alimentos SA
6.9 Heristo AG
6.12 J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
6.13 Diamond Pet Foods
6.14 Blue Buffalo
6.15 Merrick Pet Care
6.16 Sunshine Mills
6.17 Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
6.18 Yamahisa Pet Care
6.19 Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd
- Nestle SA (Purina)
- Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
- Uni-Charm Corp
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
- InVivo NSA
- Agrolimen Sa
- Mogiana Alimentos SA
- Heristo AG
- J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Blue Buffalo
- Merrick Pet Care
- Sunshine Mills
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
- Yamahisa Pet Care
- Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd