The traditional notion of growing affluence and aggressive consumer nature is being challenged by the recent consumption patterns. The Chinese market is replicating the wise choice patterns of the developed countries albeit at a faster and increasing pace. The demographic change is very crucial driver here with a rapidly aging population and increasing number of families deciding on no kids, two very clear social indicators for buying pets. The advantage of the market is in its very high population numbers, with no more than 7% of the households owning a pet. These numbers combined with the high inflow of foreign goods are a very positive indicator for the market. This dependence on foreign goods has become more of a necessity for Chinese due to the domestic confidence erosion after the melamine and pet food scandals. The lonely life that is associated with the anonymity of the urban life is also cited as a major reason for the purchase of pets and taking good, professional care for them.
The market is segmented based on the product type, animal type, pricing and sales channels. Pet Meal and Treats together accounted for over 85% of the market share in terms of volume. The market for organic products is on the rise, due to higher demand for diets with natural ingredients from the health aware consumers. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% for the next 5 years. Changing lifestyles of the owners made them prefer similar healthier diets for their furry companions. This resulted in a spike for grain-free diets and the segment is expected to grow at a considerable CAGR of 6% during the forecasted period. Dog food in China accounted for around XX% of the market while that of cat constituted over XX% market. Dog food registered revenue $ XX million in 2014 and is expected to touch $ XX million by 2020 with an estimated CAGR of X%. Cat food market is expected to grow at a higher CAGR of X%. However, increased canine pets from foreign immigrants are expected to boost the sales of dog food with a CAGR of 8.4% over the forecasted period.
The major players of the region are the Mars, Nestle, Nory Pet (Shanghai) Co Ltd and Tongwei Co. Ltd.
This Report Offers:
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the China Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the China Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Should You Buy This Report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the China Pet Food Market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Pet Refinement/ Humanization influencing the purchasing decisions
3.1.2 Changing perception of consumer towards pet health
3.1.3 Increasing trend of nuclear family
3.1.4 Increasing sales from Therapeutic pet food
3.2.1 Issues with regulatory
3.2.2 Pets increasing obesity
3.2.3 Pet allergies
3.3.1 Growing demand for innovative pet food
3.3.2 Increasing online sales and home delivery
3.3.3 Growth in demand for natural and organic pet foods
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threats of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threats of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.1.1 Dry Pet Foods
188.8.131.52 Grain Free
4.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
184.108.40.206 Grain Free
4.1.3 Veterinary Diets
4.1.5 Liquid Food
4.1.6 Organic Product
4.2 By Pricing
4.2.1 Economic Segment
4.2.2 Premium Segment
4.2.3 Super Premium Segment
4.3 By Animal Type
4.3.4 Other Animals
4.4 By Ingredients Type
4.4.1 Animal Derived
4.4.2 Plant Derived
4.4.3 Cereals and Cereal Derivatives
4.5 By Sales Channels
4.5.1 Specialized Pet Shops
4.5.2 Internet Sales
4.5.4 Others (Grocery, Non-Grocery Stores)
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Mars Inc
6.2 Nestle SA (Purina)
6.3 Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
6.4 Uni-Charm Corp
6.5 Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
6.6 InVivo NSA
6.7 Agrolimen Sa
6.8 Mogiana Alimentos SA
6.9 Heristo AG
6.12 J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
6.13 Diamond Pet Foods
6.14 Blue Buffalo
6.15 Merrick Pet Care
6.16 Sunshine Mills
6.17 Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
6.18 Yamahisa Pet Care
6.19 Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd
- Nestle SA (Purina)
- Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
- Uni-Charm Corp
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
- InVivo NSA
- Agrolimen Sa
- Mogiana Alimentos SA
- Heristo AG
- J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Blue Buffalo
- Merrick Pet Care
- Sunshine Mills
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
- Yamahisa Pet Care
- Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd