The market is in Spain showed slow growth due to their recent economic downturn and severe expenditure cuts. The period following the crisis also slowed the influence of private label stores as more and more customers started showing less focus towards specific products. The recovery period showed positive traits and was largely driven by the increase in unit prices and by development of various value added products targeting specific traits. The fact that Spanish consumers are living in smaller places, coexistence with cats became closer and consequently the demand for cat food. The rising trend of pet humanization coupled with the increase of nuclear families is leading to better attitudes and increased care towards animals. This is major driver for the market leading to major changes in product packing and resourcing of ethically viable products. The heavy competition from large corporations is forcing many new players to develop private label products, focusing on unique and locally sourced products; thereby providing economically viable, appealing and alternative brands.
The regulations imposed by both domestic and EU constrain the ingredient usage and promotes use of natural/organic products. The increasing allergic reactions to certain foods are another important constraint to the market. The increasing demand for small pets is also considered an important constraint for the market. This trend contributed to a 5% decrease in volume as mini-dogs consume comparatively less food than the larger breeds. The small homes and social customs which are characteristic to Spain are easily adaptable to smaller size breeds thereby driving this demand.
The industry is segmented into dry food, wet food, snacks, veterinary food, liquid food, and organic food. Dry food is the largest segment accounting for a large part of total market share, followed by snacks and wet foods. The free-from products such as grain free, soy free, and low grain products are gaining a major foothold in regard to the increasing health consciousness among consumers. The market is further segmented based on animal type, with over 26% of households owning atleast one dog and over 19% of the households owning one or more cats. Fish, bird, and reptile market is also projected for high growth.
Major companies in the Spain pet food market are BYNSA, Affinity Petcare SA, DibaqMascotas, and Mercadona. Companies are focused on small size pets and are aimed at broadening their premium foods for small sized pets. Acquisitions, mergers and partnerships are a few strategies employed by the key players to ensure safety in this developing market.
This Report Offers:
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Spain Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Spain Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Should You Buy This Report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the Spain Pet Food Market
2. To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Pet Refinement/ Humanization influencing the purchasing decisions
3.1.2 Changing perception of consumer towards pet health
3.1.3 Increasing trend of nuclear family
3.1.4 Increasing sales from Therapeutic pet food
3.2.1 Issues with regulatory
3.2.2 Pets increasing obesity
3.2.3 Pet allergies
3.3.1 Growing demand for innovative pet food
3.3.2 Increasing online sales and home delivery
3.3.3 Growth in demand for natural and organic pet foods
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threats of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threats of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.1.1 Dry Pet Foods
184.108.40.206 Grain Free
4.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
220.127.116.11 Grain Free
4.1.3 Veterinary Diets
4.1.5 Liquid Food
4.1.6 Organic Product
4.2 By Pricing
4.2.1 Economic Segment
4.2.2 Premium Segment
4.2.3 Super Premium Segment
4.3 By Animal Type
4.3.4 Other Animals
4.4 By Ingredients Type
4.4.1 Animal Derived
4.4.2 Plant Derived
4.4.3 Cereals and Cereal Derivatives
4.5 By Sales Channels
4.5.1 Specialized Pet Shops
4.5.2 Internet Sales
4.5.4 Others (Grocery, Non-Grocery Stores)
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Mars Inc
6.2 Nestle SA (Purina)
6.3 Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
6.4 Uni-Charm Corp
6.5 Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
6.6 InVivo NSA
6.7 Agrolimen Sa
6.8 Mogiana Alimentos SA
6.9 Heristo AG
6.12 J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
6.13 Diamond Pet Foods
6.14 Blue Buffalo
6.15 Merrick Pet Care
6.16 Sunshine Mills
6.17 Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
6.18 Yamahisa Pet Care
6.19 Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd
- Nestle SA (Purina)
- Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
- Uni-Charm Corp
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
- InVivo NSA
- Agrolimen Sa
- Mogiana Alimentos SA
- Heristo AG
- J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Blue Buffalo
- Merrick Pet Care
- Sunshine Mills
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
- Yamahisa Pet Care
- Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd