The recent rise of pet humanization wherein pets are treated with increased care and hygiene is proving to be a major driver for the market and is leading to major changes in product packing and resourcing of ethically viable products. The development of private labels stores focusing on unique and locally sourced products to increase their overall appeal, and the increasing density of nuclear families are the other major drivers of the market. The increase in penetration of e-commerce sector is proving to be a major opportunity for the low cost marketing for the innovative and novel product line developed by these emerging companies.
The US pet food markets are characterized by their high level of consolidation, low reliance on imports, and heavy competition; with over 70% of the pet products being manufactured by five companies and over 85% of their domestic need being satisfied by domestic manufacturers. This has resulted in a high entry barrier for new players, which is a major constraint for the market. Markets are overcoming this by the development of localized manufacturers and by creation of many private label stores. The growing incidence of pet obesity is causing most consumers to limit the calorie and food content; this is proving to be a dampener for the industry. The other constrains include the increased allergic reactions to pets, fierce competition from online vendors, governmental regulation and a challenging economy.
The industry is segmented into dry food, wet food, snacks, veterinary food, liquid food, and organic food. Dry food is the largest segment accounting for a large part of total market share, followed by snacks and wet foods. The free-from products such as grain free, soy free, and low grain products are gaining a major foothold in regard to the increasing health consciousness among consumers. The market is further segmented based on animal type dog and cat foods occupy the largest market due to their increased domestication and appeal. Much of this growth is prompted by the large interest in pet ownership in US households owing about 83.5 million dogs and 95.4 million cats. Pricing and sales mechanism wherein the internet sales are gaining a strong hold, are the other major segments. Some of the major players in the American pet food market are Nestle, Proctor & Gamble Co., Del Monte Foods Co, Mars Inc, and HILL's Pet Nutrition. The American market space is based on following trends and aggressively adopting them with a specific and targeted pricing scheme.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the United States Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the United States Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the United States Pet Food Market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Pet Refinement/ Humanization influencing the purchasing decisions
3.1.2 Changing perception of consumer towards pet health
3.1.3 Increasing trend of nuclear family
3.1.4 Increasing sales from Therapeutic pet food
3.2.1 Issues with regulatory
3.2.2 Pets increasing obesity
3.2.3 Pet allergies
3.3.1 Growing demand for innovative pet food
3.3.2 Increasing online sales and home delivery
3.3.3 Growth in demand for natural and organic pet foods
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threats of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threats of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.1.1 Dry Pet Foods
220.127.116.11 Grain Free
4.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
18.104.22.168 Grain Free
4.1.3 Veterinary Diets
4.1.5 Liquid Food
4.1.6 Organic Product
4.2 By Pricing
4.2.1 Economic Segment
4.2.2 Premium Segment
4.2.3 Super Premium Segment
4.3 By Animal Type
4.3.4 Other Animals
4.4 By Ingredients Type
4.4.1 Animal Derived
4.4.2 Plant Derived
4.4.3 Cereals and Cereal Derivatives
4.5 By Sales Channels
4.5.1 Specialized Pet Shops
4.5.2 Internet Sales
4.5.4 Others (Grocery, Non-Grocery Stores)
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Mars Inc
6.2 Nestle SA (Purina)
6.3 Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
6.4 Uni-Charm Corp
6.5 Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
6.6 InVivo NSA
6.7 Agrolimen Sa
6.8 Mogiana Alimentos SA
6.9 Heristo AG
6.12 J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
6.13 Diamond Pet Foods
6.14 Blue Buffalo
6.15 Merrick Pet Care
6.16 Sunshine Mills
6.17 Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
6.18 Yamahisa Pet Care
6.19 Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd
- Nestle SA (Purina)
- Colgate Palmolive ( Hill's Pet Nutrition)
- Uni-Charm Corp
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltda
- InVivo NSA
- Agrolimen Sa
- Mogiana Alimentos SA
- Heristo AG
- J.M.Sucker (Big Heart)
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Blue Buffalo
- Merrick Pet Care
- Sunshine Mills
- Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
- Yamahisa Pet Care
- Debifu Pet Products Co. Ltd