Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths: Including Actinides is a continuous series of books covering all aspects of rare earth science, including chemistry, life sciences, materials science, and physics. The book's main emphasis is on rare earth elements [Sc, Y, and the lanthanides (La through Lu], but whenever relevant, information is also included on the closely related actinide elements.
Individual chapters are comprehensive, broad, up-to-date, critical reviews written by highly experienced, invited experts. The series, which was started in 1978 by Professor Karl A. Gschneidner Jr., combines, and integrates, both the fundamentals and applications of these elements with two published volumes each year.
- Presents up-to-date overviews and new developments in the field of rare earths, covering both their physics and chemistry
- Contains Individual chapters that are comprehensive and broad, with critical reviews
- Provides contributions from highly experienced, invited experts
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Karl A. Gschneidner Jr.
- The Rare Earths as Critical Materials
Alexander H. King, Roderick G. Eggert and Karl A. Gschneidner Jr.
- Theory of Rare-Earth Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy
Michael F. Reid
- Ab Initio Calculations on Excited States of Lanthanide Containing Materials
Luis Seijo and Zoila Barandiarán
- Magnetic Bistability in Lanthanide-Based Molecular Systems: The Role of
Anisotropy and Exchange Interactions
Dante Gatteschi, Roberta Sessoli and Lorenzo Sorace
- Lanthanide Luminescence: From a Mystery to Rationalization, Understanding
Jean-Claude G. Bünzli
- Thermoelectric Properties of Zintl Antimonides
Nasrin Kazem and Susan M. Kauzlarich
- Ceria-Based Materials in Catalysis: Historical Perspective and Future Trends
Eleonora Aneggi, Marta Boaro, Sara Colussi, Carla de Leitenburg and Alessandro Trovarelli
- Lanthanide Metal-Organic Frameworks for Luminescent Applications
Yuanjing Cui, Jun Zhang, Banglin Chen and Guodong Qian
- Rare Earth Coordination Chemistry in Action: Exploring the Optical and
Magnetic Properties of the Lanthanides in Bioscience Whilst Challenging Current
- Lanthanide Nanoparticles: Promising Candidates for Magnetic Resonance
Imaging Contrast Enhancement
Xiao-Yu Zheng, Ling-Dong Li, Ling-Dong Sun and Chun-Hua Yan
- Expanding the +2 Oxidation State to the Rare-Earth Metals, Uranium, and
Thorium in Molecular Complexes
David H. Woen and Williams J. Evans
- Coordination Chemistry in Rare Earth Containing Ionic Liquids Denis Prodius and Anja-Verena Mudring