Perfect for everyday reference, on-the-job training, or education, this handy pocket guide includes a wealth of information you need to succeed in health unit coordinating. This new edition includes even more lists and tables containing step-by-step procedures, practical tips, bulleted lists, and thumb tabs for quick reference!
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Understanding Health Unit Coordinating
2. Ensuring Effective Interpersonal Communication
3. Using Communication Devices
4. Management Techniques/ Maintaining the Patient's Paper Chart and Electronic
5. Understanding Workplace Behavior, Ethics, and Legal Issues
6. Handling Infection Control, Emergencies, and Incident Reports
7. Managing/ Transcribing Doctors' Orders
8. Recognizing Types of Doctors' Orders
9. Admission, Preoperative, Postoperative, Discharge, and Transfer Procedures and
B. Word Parts
C. Medical/ Diagnostic/ Surgical Terms
D. Commonly Ordered Medications
E. A Comprehensive List of Laboratory Studies and Blood Components
F. The National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) Standards of
Practice and Code of Ethics
Wadsworth Seibel, Monica Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ.