Both blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control has great potential to keep passengers safe and increase driving convenience, but there are crimps that have to be worked out with regards to performance. In addition, drivers are also required to be well informed to fully utilize the potential out of them. However, ACC is assisted with a pre-crash system that alerts the driver (and begins braking in case of a potential impact) making the system considerably expensive.
Blind spot monitoring systems face difficulties in detecting the fast-moving vehicles especially on busy streets and highway. Alerts are often provided too late for ambiguous action. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to significantly contribute in the growth of both BSD and ACC markets. Factors such as increasing vehicle sales especially premium vehicles along with the increase in safety installations per vehicles would help to contribute in the growing demand of BSD and ACC systems. However the bulk share of the market would be captured by North America occupying around 32% of the total market as of 2015. The United States New Car Assessment Program (US NCAP) by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has brought about a lot of increased concerns about the consumers and drivers for installing these systems in the vehicle. In addition, the improvement in the rating system would further affect a positive change in the safety features of the vehicles.
By sensor type, the market for radar sensors is expected to dominate the market with around 27% share in the BSD and ACC system by the end of 2020. Driver assistance systems based on radar, automatically intervene for the vehicle control. Adaptive Cruise Control - has a widespread use of radar sensors for automated intervention. With this radar application in the front, the vehicle constantly adapts its speed to the vehicle ahead, according to the driver's discretion. The internal dynamics of these systems, initiates emergency braking, helping to avoid an accident or deny the driver from critical steering actions in perilous situations. In case of BSD, usually 24 GHz radar sensors are used for the detection purpose.
The report classifies the systems and defines the market size, in terms of value. The study also provides a comprehensive analysis and insights (both, qualitative and quantitative) into each segments of ACC and BSD. The market is segmented on the basis of sensor type-Infrared Sensors, Radar Sensors, Laser Sensors, others; end consumers- OEMs and Aftermarket; vehicle type- Passenger, LCVs, HCVs and others. The report showcases potential growth opportunities in the forecast period, while reviewing the market drivers, restraints, opportunities, technology trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects like value chain with respect to driver assistance systems. The report also covers qualitative aspects such as Analyst Outlook for Investment, and Porter’s five force analysis for the market. The key players in this market have also been identified and profiled. Some of the key players dominant in the market mentioned in the report are Denso, Continental, Bosch, Delphi and Mobileye.
The Report Offers:
- Market Definition and Scope along with identification of key drivers and restraints for each segments in the market.
- Market analysis with specific studies and theoretical analysis on the BSD & ACC market for each region
- Identification of factors that has been instrumental in changing the market dynamics, prospective opportunities for each segments and identification of key factors, influencing the market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape segment with the market dynamics for each major player across the region.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the growth of the industry for each region as well as for countries.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
2.1 Research Methodology
2.2 Key Findings Of The Study
4. Executive Summary
5. Market Overview And Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Roadmap
5.2.1 ACC Sytems
5.2.2 BSD Systems
5.3 Porter's Five Forces Framework
5.3.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
5.3.2 Bargaining Power Of Consumers
5.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
5.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
5.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
6. Market Dynamics- Bsd And Acc
6.4 Legislation-Historical, Trends And Analysis
6.5 Latest Technological Developments
7. Global Blind Spot Detection (Bsd) And Adaptive Cruise Control(Acc), By Vehicle Type (Growth, Innovations And Feasibility )
7.1 Passenger Vehicles
8. Global Blind Spot Detection (Bsd) And Adaptive Cruise Control(Acc) Market, By End Consumers (Growth, Trends, Forecasts)
9. Global Blind Spot Detection (Bsd) And Adaptive Cruise Control(Acc) Market, By Sensor Type(Growth, Trends And Durability)
9.1 Infrared Sensors
9.2 Ultrasonic Sensors
9.3 Laser Sensors
10. Global Blind Spot Detection (Bsd) And Adaptive Cruise Control(Acc) Market, By Geography
10.1 North America
10.3 Asia-Pacific (APAC)
10.4 Middle-East And Africa (MEA)
10.4.2 South Africa
10.4.3 Saudi Arabia
10.4.5 Rest Of The MEA
10.5 Latin America
10.5.5 Rest Of Latin America
11. Competitive Landscape
11.2 Market Share Analysis
11.3 Developments Of Key Players
12. Key Vendor Analysis
12.1 Autoliv, Inc.
12.2 Continental Ag
12.3 Delphi Automotive Plc
12.4 Denso Corporation
12.5 Hyundai Mobis Co., Ltd.
12.6 Magna International Inc.
12.7 Mando Corporation
12.8 Robert Bosch
12.9 Trw Automotive
12.10 Valeo S.A.
13. Future And Investment Outlook