The economic downturn has affected most of the South American countries including Argentina, which was the largest market for Brazilian exports. Brazilian exports along with sales have fallen by double digits, and the slump is expected to continue at least until the end of 2017, when the economy is expected to stabilize.
The massive rate of currency depreciation has affected the market for automobiles in the region. The major reason is that equipment is imported and the Real depreciation will increase the cost of the equipment.
Argentina, which is a huge export market for Brazil has suffered a lot in the recent downturn. The Argentina passenger vehicle market, which was larger than the Mexican market in 2012, has significantly fallen behind Mexico in 2015. The market has fallen by close to 40% in the period and one of the major reasons for the same has been the depreciation of the Peso. Argentina imports a big share of its vehicles from Brazil, and the rise in prices in Brazil has made imports more expensive in Argentina as well. Argentina’s Automotive Industry accounts for 5% of the GDP and close to 20% of the Industrial Production, thus Is a very crucial and important sector for the country.
Peru is an emerging market and holds new opportunities for the future. It has been one of the least affected by the crisis, and can offer good openings in the Automobile Industry in the coming 5 years. The fate of the South American Automotive Industry is directly linked with Brazil. Majority of the manufacturing activity and sales happen in Brazil and once the state of the economy improves, the outlook for the industry will brighten considerably.
Fiat, Volkswagen and Ford are some of the important players in the South America Automobile Industry. The market has been segmented by vehicle type (HCV,LCV, Passenger Vehicles), and by Country (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia Chile, Others).
The Report Offers:
- Market analysis for South America Automotive Industry Outlook specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect South America Automotive Industry Outlook on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings Of The Study
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview And Trends
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porters Five Force Framework
3.3.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power Of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
3.3.5 Competitve Rivalry Within The Industry
4. Market Dynamics
5. South America Automotive Industry , Segmented By Type
5.1 Heavy Commercial Vehicles
5.2 Light Commercial Vehicles
5.3 Passenger Vehicles
5.3.1 4 Wheelers
5.3.2 2 Wheelers
6. South America Automotive Industry Outlook, Segmented By Countries
7. Competitive Landscape
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Developments Of Key Players
8. Key Vendor Analysis(Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
8.8 Jac Motors
8.9 Mercedes Benz
9. Future Outlook Of The Market