Los Angeles is the second most populous city in the US and most populous in California state. The city has a considerable economic and financial influence, accounting for about 5% of national GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Los Angeles is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the past two years.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
“City Profile - Los Angeles” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Los Angeles. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area – Key Facts, 2015
Table 2: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area: Real GDP and Real GDP Growth, 2000-2025 (in Billion)
Table 3: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area: Economy Growth Rate, 2001-2025 (% Change)
Table 4: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area – GDP Per Capita Comparison (2000-2025) (thousand US$)
Table 5: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area: Employment Structure (2000-2025)
Table 6: Los Angeles – Main Universities, 2016
Table 7: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area - Population by comparison (2000-2025)
Table 8: Los Angeles: Population By Age (Millions)
Table 9: Los Angeles – Mass Transit Network Indicators, 2016
Table 10: Los Angeles – Key Airport Indicators, 2015
Table 11: Passenger Movement at LAX International Airport by Origin
Table 12: Aircraft Movements at LAX International Airport
Table 13: Los Angeles – Fortune 500 Companies with Main HQ in City, 2015
Table 14: : Los Angeles – Office Rents, Q4 2014
Table 15: Los Angeles – International Arrivals by Country of Residence (millions)
Table 16: Los Angeles – MICE and Other Events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area: Real GDP and Real GDP Growth, 2000-2025
Figure 2: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area: Economy Growth Rate, 2000-2025 (% Change)
Figure 3: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area – GDP Per Capita Comparison (2000-2025)
Figure 4: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area: Employment Structure (2000-2025)
Figure 5: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area - Population by comparison (2000-2025)
Figure 6: Los Angeles: Population By Age (2005-2025)
Figure 7: Passenger Movement at LAX International Airport by Origin
Figure 8: Aircraft Movements at LAX International Airport