Over the last two to three decades, wheeled armored vehicles have witnessed rapid traction in the global market with several countries, particularly in the west, replacing their heavy tracked vehicles with wheeled ones. This shift in preference for wheeled platforms over tracked ones is in turn fuelling the growth of 8x8 vehicles, which have gained rapid popularity over the years driven by their ability to hold larger number of crew members and offer better mobility.
In 2015 the global armored vehicles market stood at US$22.3 Billion, including spending on both procurement and upgrade programs. The market is expected to grow further, at a rate of 4% over the next decade, a large portion of which can be attributed to the growing demand for wheeled military vehicles. With the growing popularity of 8x8 wheeled vehicles in defense markets across the world, several armored vehicle manufacturers have introduced dedicated 8x8 vehicle product lines, such as General Dynamics’ Stryker family of products and Nexter’s line of VBCI 8x8 vehicles. Driven by the rapid adoption of these vehicles in the global market, many of these companies are currently forming joint ventures and partnerships, with the aim to jointly develop new generation 8x8 armored vehicles.
The report “The 8x8 Armored Vehicle Market - Key Drivers, Trends and New Developments” provides an analysis of the global 8x8 armored vehicle market and covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes drivers/factors influencing demand for 8x8 armored vehicle. Furthermore, this report provides an overview of five top spenders in the sector including recent procurements undertaken by these countries and profiles of five major 8x8 armored vehicle manufacturers in the domain.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- End-user Analysis: Insight into the key users of 8x8 armored vehicles within the military as well as homeland departments.
- Drivers: Detailed analysis of factors driving the global market for 8x8 armored vehicles.
- Trends: Insights on the prevalent trends in the sector.
- Technology Trends and New Developments: Insights into current technological trends and new developments that will shape the market in the future.
- Key 8x8 Armored Vehicles In Use: Highlights of five popular 8x8 vehicles that are being currently used be defense forces across the world.
- Recent/Expected Launched: Highlights of five key 8x8 vehicles that are yet to be deployed.
- Country Analysis: Analysis of the five spenders that are anticipated to invest heavily in the domain, and recent programs executed by these nations.
- Supplier Analysis: Analysis of the five major companies that are catering to 8x8 armored vehicle requirements in the domain.
End User Analysis
Technological Trends and New Developments
Key 8x8 Armored Vehicles In Use
Country Analysis - Profiles of five leading countries
Supplier Analysis - Profiles of five leading companies
-Alliances, Recent Contracts and Financial