The report “Top Trends in Alcoholic Drinks; Exploring the beer, cider, spirits, and wine categories” shows how consumers are driving new trends such as multi-sensory experiences or matched products, which will impact the consumption of beer, cider, spirits, and wine in the coming years.
It has identified five innovation trends within alcoholic drinks:
- Perfect Match: Consumers are seeking out drinks that complement food, and are looking beyond wine. Consumers will look to pair beer or cider with specific meals, as levels of connoisseurship grow in these categories.
- Hybrid Drinks: Breaking down barriers among categories, consumers are demanding more products that blend ingredients or processes from multiple beverage categories, such as spirits and beer.
- Multi-Sensory Experiences: The desire to relax at home means consumers are looking for multi-sensory experiences, with products that have benefits beyond flavor being sought to create the most stress-alleviating experiences.
- Digital Natives: Consumers are more connected than ever, thanks to new technologies and social media, and they are demanding apps that enable a more enjoyable drinking experience.
- Embracing Novelty: Consumers are looking for increasingly unusual ingredients in pre-mixed drinks, as the cost and convenience benefits of ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages make this a key area for future growth
This report also helps you to discover how to target new opportunities in the market. Product examples and key recommendations will help you derive key strategies in areas such as formulation and packaging.
2. Innovation Trends in Alcoholic Drinks
1. Perfect Match
2. Hybrid Drinks
3. Multi-Sensory Experiences
4. Digital Natives
5. Embracing Novelty