Currently, the global ITO sputtering targets market is concentrated in Japan, South Korea, Mainland China and other Asian countries; among them, China accounts for more than 35% of the total global demand. As China vigorously promotes the flat panel display industry chain localization policy, the country’s demand for ITO sputtering targets and other flat panel display materials will continue to rise, and that for ITO sputtering targets is expected to approximate 1,200 tons by 2020.
Although ITO sputtering targets are promising in China, technical limitations lead to a small scale of production herein. Besides, the ITO sputtering targets used for high-end TFT-LCD and touch screens are almost imported.
Furthermore, the reserves of indium which is the main raw material of ITO sputtering targets (roughly 70% of global indium is used for ITO sputtering targets) rest in a low level; meanwhile, conventional ITO films are not suitable for flexible applications, light transmittance and conductivity problems are not easy to overcome, so that silver nanowires, metal meshes, carbon nanotubes, graphene and other ITO alternative materials are being developed and applied in recent years.
The global ITO sputtering targets market is monopolized by JX Nippon Mining & Metals, Mitsui Mining & Smelting, Tosoh, Samsung, as well as a handful of companies in Germany and the United States, wherein Chinese, Japanese and South Korean players have seized more than 80% market share.
There are over 10 enterprises engaged in the production of ITO sputtering targets in China, but the vast majority of them are at the stage of small batch production, R&D or pilot production.
Beijing Yeke Nano Tech Co., Ltd. is China's largest manufacturer of ITO sputtering targets with annual design capacity of 100 tons. Its 60 t/a ITO sputtering targets industrialization project with total investment of RMB43 million passed EIA review in July 2016 and will be put into operation by the end of 2017.
Zhuzhou Smelter Group can produce 20 tons of ITO sintered targets annually. In 2016, a 60 t/a ITO sintered targets industrialization project is under way.
Guangxi Crystal Union Photoelectric Materials Co., Ltd. is one of the Chinese manufacturers which use cold sintering technology to produce ITO sputtering targets. In April 2016, its 60 t/a sputtering targets renovation and expansion project passed EIA review.
The report provides the following:
- Supply, demand and competition situation of the global ITO sputtering targets market;
- Technology, supply & demand, competition pattern and development trend of the Chinese ITO sputtering targets market;
- Global and China’s indium supply, demand, import, export and price;
- Global and China’s tin supply, demand, import, export and price;
- Status quo and demand forecast of downstream industries of ITO sputtering targets;
- Operation, ITO sputtering targets business and development strategy of 8 global and 11 Chinese enterprises.
1.2 Preparation Method
1.3 Industry Chain
2 Status Quo of Global ITO Sputtering Targets
2.1 Supply and Demand
2.2 Competition Pattern
2.2.1 Production Pattern
2.2.2 Consumption Pattern
3 Status Quo of Chinese ITO Sputtering Targets
3.3 Supply and Demand
3.4 Key Projects
3.5 Alternative Products
3.5.1 Metal Mesh
3.5.2 Silver Nanowire
3.6 Development Trend
4 Upstream - Indium Market
4.2 Reserves and Distribution
4.3 Supply and Demand
4.4 Import and Export
4.4.1 Related Policies
4.4.2 Summary of Import and Export
4.5 Price Trend
5 Upstream - Tin Market
5.2 Reserves and Distribution
5.3 Supply and Demand
5.4 Import and Export
5.5 Price Trend
6 Downstream Applications
6.2 LCD Panel
6.2.1 Market Situation
6.2.2 ITO Sputtering Targets for LCD Panel
6.3 Touch Panel
6.3.1 Market Situation
6.3.2 ITO Sputtering Targets for Touch Panel
6.4.1 Solar Cell
7 Key Enterprises Worldwide
7.1 Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co.,Ltd
7.1.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.2 JX Nippon Mining & Metals
7.2.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.3 Tosoh Corporation
7.3.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.4 Samsung Corning
7.4.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.5.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.6.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.7.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
7.8 Solar Applied Materials Technology Corporation (SOLAR)
7.8.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8 Key Enterprises in China
8.1 Zhuzhou Smelter Group Co., Ltd.
8.1.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.1.4 Development Strategy
8.2 Liuzhou China Tin Group Co., Ltd.
8.2.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.2.4 Competitive Edge
8.3 CNMC (Ningxia) Orient Group Co., Ltd.
8.3.3 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.4 Guangxi Crystal Union Photoelectric Materials Co., Ltd.
8.4.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.4.3 Key Projects
8.5 Beijing Yeke Nano Tech Co., Ltd.
8.5.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.5.3 Key Projects
8.6 Guangdong Triumph Photovoltaic Technology Research Institute Co., Ltd.
8.6.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.7 Shaoguan Sigma Technology Co., Ltd
8.7.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.8 Hebei Pengda New Material Technical Co., Ltd.
8.8.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.9 Changsha ENAM Optoelectronic Material Co., Ltd.
8.9.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.10 Luoyang Ship Material Research Institute
8.10.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
8.11 Changzhou Sujing Electronic Materials Co., Ltd.
8.11.2 ITO Sputtering Targets Business
9 Summary and Forecast
List of Charts
- Major Preparation Methods and Their Merits & Demerits of ITO Sputtering Targets
- ITO Sputtering Targets Industry Chain
- Capacities and Share of World’s Major ITO Sputtering Targets Enterprises, 2015
- Global Output of ITO Sputtering Targets, 2010-2020E
- Global Demand for ITO Sputtering Targets, 2010-2020E
- Supply Market Layout of Global ITO Sputtering Targets (by Country/Region), 2015
- Distribution of Global Major ITO Sputtering Targets Enterprises (by Grade)
- Policies on ITO Sputtering Targets in China, 2010-2016
- ITO Sputtering Targets Preparation Methods of Major Chinese Enterprises
- Capacity of Major Chinese ITO Sputtering Targets Enterprises, H1 2016
- China’s Output of ITO Sputtering Targets, 2011-2020E
- China’s Demand for ITO Sputtering Targets, 2011-2020E
- China’s Demand Structure of ITO Sputtering Targets, 2016
- Major ITO Sputtering Targets Projects Planned or under Construction in China, 2016
- Transmittance and Conductivity of ITO Alternatives
- Major Enterprises Embarking on ITO Substitution Field in Recent Years
- Distribution of Global Indium Reserves and Basic Reserves
- Distribution of Indium Resources in China
- Global Indium Output, 2007-2016
- China’s Indium Output, 2004-2016
- Global Indium Ingot Consumption Structure
- Global Indium Consumption, 2007-2020E
- China’s Indium Consumption, 2012-2020E
- Indium Inventory of FANYA Metal Exchange, 2012-2015
- China’s Indium Export Tariff, 2007-2015
- China’s Total Indium Export Quotas, 2008-2016
- Chinese Indium Exporting Enterprises and Quotas, 2016
- Net Import Volume of Indium in China, 2009-2016
- China’s Indium Export Volume, 2009-2016
- China’s Indium Export Volume (by Country/Region), 2015
- China’s Indium Import Volume, 2009-2016
- China’s Indium Import Volume Structure (by Country/Region), 2015
- Spot Price Trend of Indium in China, 2011-2016
- Average Spot Price of Refined Indium at Home and Abroad, 2011-2016
- Global Tin Reserves and Distribution
- China's Tin Reserves Distribution
- Global Tin Ore Output (by Country), 2014-2015
- Global Refined Tin Output and Consumption, 2012-2016
- Global Refined Tin Output (by Region), 2014-2016
- Global Refined Tin Consumption (by Region), 2014-2016
- Refined Tin Output of Global Major Enterprises, 2013-2015
- China’s Tin Concentrate Output (by Province and Municipality), 2015-2016
- China’s Refined Tin Output and Consumption, 2012-2016
- Refined Tin Output in China's Major Regions, 2015-2016
- China’s Refined Tin Import and Export Volume, 2014-2016
- China’s Import Volume of Main Tin Products, 2015-2016
- China’s Export Volume of Main Tin Products, 2015-2016
- LME's Three-Month Tin Price, 2014-2016
- China’s Spot Tin Ingot Price, 2014-2016
- Consumption Structure of ITO Sputtering Targets (by Application)
- Global TFT-LCD Demand and YoY Growth, 2013-2020E
- Global Large-sized TFT-LCD Competitive Landscape, 2016
- LCD Panel Capacity of Major Chinese Enterprises, at the end of 2015
- Distribution of China's LCD Panel Production Lines, 2016
- ITO Application in LCD
- Global Touch Panel Shipment and YoY Growth Rate, 2012-2020E
- Shipment of Touch Panels in China, 2012-2020E
- Performance Comparison between Two Types of Touch Panels
- Working Principle of Capacitive Touch Screen
- Global Demand for Touch Panel-use ITO Sputtering Targets, 2012-2020E
- ITO Application in Solar Cell
- Global and China's Solar Cell Output, 2012-2020E
- ITO Application in LED
- Global LED Lighting Market Size and Penetration Rate, 2009-2016
- China’s LED Chip Market Size, 2012-2020E
- Structure Diagram of OLED
- Main Business and Products of Mitsui Mining & Smelting
- Revenue and Net Income of Mitsui Mining & Smelting, FY2009-FY2015
- Revenue of Mitsui Mining & Smelting (by Business), FY2013-FY2015
- ITO Sputtering Targets Factories and Capacity of Mitsui Mining & Smelting, 2015
- Main Products of JX Nippon Mining & Metals
- Business Structure of JX Nippon Mining & Metals
- Revenue of JX Nippon Mining & Metals, FY2010-FY2015
- Ordinary Income of JX Nippon Mining &Metals by Business, FY2010-FY2014
- Competitive Advantage of JX Nippon Mining & Metals in Electronic Materials Business, 2015
- Revenue of JX Nippon Mining &Metals (by Region), FY2013- FY 2014
- Business Layout of JX Nippon Mining &Metals in China
- Sputtering Targets Bases of JX Nippon Mining &Metals
- ITO Sputtering Targets Capacity of JX Nippon Mining &Metals, 2015
- Tosoh’s Revenue and Net Income, FY2010-FY2016
- Tosoh’s Revenue (by Business), FY2014-FY2016
- Major Economic Indicators of Heraeus, FY2015
- Revenue of Heraeus (by Business), FY2014-FY2015
- Revenue of Heraeus (by Region), FY2015
- Global Network of Heraeus
- Umicore’s Major Economic Indicators, 2012-2015
- Umicore’s Revenue (by Business), 2011-2015
- Umicore's Revenue (by Region), 2015
- ULVAC's Revenue and Net Income, FY2010-FY2015
- ULVAC's Net Sales (by Business), FY2012-FY2015
- SOLAR’s Main Subsidiaries and Business, 2016
- SOLAR’s Revenue and Net Income, 2010-2015
- Revenue and Net Income of Zhuzhou Smelter Group, 2010-2016
- Operating Revenue and Gross Margin of Zhuzhou Smelter Group (by Business), 2013-2016
- ITO Sputtering Targets and Technical Parameters Prepared by Guangxi China Tin Group with Different Processes
- Technical Parameters of ITO Sputtering Targets of Guangxi China Tin Group
- Performance of ITO Sputtering Targets of Guangxi Crystal Union Photoelectric Materials
- Performance of ITO Sputtering Targets of Beijing Yeke Nano Tech
- Performance of ITO Sputtering Targets of Shaoguan Sigma Technology
- Performance of ITO Sputtering Targets of Changsha ENAM Optoelectronic Material
- Performance of ITO Sputtering Targets of Luoyang Ship Material Research Institute
- Market Share of Major ITO Sputtering Targets Enterprises (by Capacity) in China, H1 2016
- CNMC (Ningxia) Orient Group Co., Ltd.
- Changsha ENAM Optoelectronic Material Co., Ltd.
- Changzhou Sujing Electronic Materials Co., Ltd.
- Guangdong Triumph Photovoltaic Technology Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Guangxi Crystal Union Photoelectric Materials Co., Ltd.
- Hebei Pengda New Material Technical Co., Ltd.
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals
- Liuzhou China Tin Group Co., Ltd.
- Luoyang Ship Material Research Institute
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co.,Ltd
- Samsung Corning
- Shaoguan Sigma Technology Co., Ltd
- Solar Applied Materials Technology Corporation (SOLAR)
- Tosoh Corporation
- Zhuzhou Smelter Group Co., Ltd.