The Asia Pacific smart homes market is segmented on the basis of technology into Bluetooth, WiFi, GSM/GPRS, Zigbee, and RFID. On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into China, India, Australia, and others.
The technology these days has become quite advanced and has enabled various devices to be connected and controlled by one device. This technology is used by smart homes. In smart homes various devices, such as CCTV cameras, lighting, AC, TV, washing machine, etc., can be controlled by either a remote or a smart phone or tablet. These devices can be switched on or off from a different location, if the device controlling them gets a signal for the same. This can help in energy conservation, in cases when people often forget to switch off lights or some devices while leaving the house. The CCTV footage can be seen anywhere and it gives the homeowners a sense of security while leaving the house closed. The alarm systems placed in the house can be controlled remotely if any burglary or theft is taking place in the house.
The telecom industry has grown by leaps and bounds in Asia Pacific. The number of subscribers of internet is very large in the region. The penetration percentage of smart phones is also huge. There are many companies in this region, which make smart phones. This has helped the smart homes industry owing to the technology that it uses as well as be mobile and control different equipment as well. Technologies, such as Bluetooth, GSM, Zigbee, Wi-Fi or RFID, can be used to send the signals to control the devices. It is easy to install these systems in a house, which is being built rather than retrofitting older houses. Architects these days are taking this concept into consideration for the houses of the future.
There are some constraints for the market, such as the initial cost of installation of different equipment used in smart homes is high. There are continuous R&D activities going on by the companies, which will reduce the costs. Additionally, there are new players coming into the market, which is expected to lead to a price war and reduction of prices in the coming years.
Major companies in the market, such as ABB, Emerson, Honeywell, Schneider Electric, Siemens, LG, etc., are releasing new products and services for the smart homes market. These companies have been studied and their strategies have been analysed in the report.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific Smart Homes Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific smart homes market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
4.1Current Market Scenario
4.2Factors driving the market
4.3Factors restraining the market
4.5Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Technology Snapshot
6. GLOBAL SMART HOMES MARKET SEGMENTATION - BY TECHNOLOGY
7.GLOBAL SMART HOMES MARKET - BY REGION
8.Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1.2PRODUCTS & SERVICES
8.2Emerson Electric Corporation
8.2.2PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
8.3Honeywell International Inc.
8.3.2Products and Services
8.4.2Products and Services
8.5.2Products and Services
8.6LG Electronics Inc.
8.6.2Products and Services
8.7Cisco Systems Inc.
8.7.2Products and Services
8.8.2Products and Services
8.9.2Products and Services
8.10.2Products and Services
8.11.2PRODUCTS & SERVICES
10.Future of Smart Homes