The new developments in portable ultrasound devices are mainly focused on increasing the ruggedness of the devices, by making them fit for remote use in addition to reducing the cost involved. Due to the introduction of portable ultrasound imaging devices, the spectrum of applications has extended to many areas like emergency medicine, critical care medicine and musculoskeletal. This is primarily to their point-of-care imaging ability. The fact supporting the increased confidence in this technology is the adoption of portable ultrasound devices by United States Army for on-field usage (devices manufactured by Sonosite).
The size of portable ultrasound devices market is increasing due to the increasing spectrum of applications along with increasing confidence in the technology combined with the rapid imaging ability of these devices and the current market situation which is far from reaching plateau. While the high cost of portable ultrasound Systems along with lack of dedicated training programs by companies and the dependency of this market on ambulatory/remote patient care infrastructure in a country are hindering the growth of this market.
In this report, the global portable ultrasound devices market has been segmented on the basis of type of device and the area of application. Based on type of device, this market has been segmented into portable bed side systems, hand carried systems and hand held systems. Based on the area of application, this market has been segmented into traditional areas (further sub segmented into radiology, gynecology and cardiology) of applications and emerging areas (emergency medicine, anesthesiology, critical care medicine and musculoskeletal) of applications.
Based on geography, the global portable ultrasound devices market has been segmented into North America (United States, Canada and Mexico), Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Scandinavia, Benelux and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (APAC) (China, Japan, India, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea and Rest of APAC), Middle-East and Africa (MEA) (GCC, South Africa and Rest of MEA), South America (Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America).
Portable ultrasound still being considered an alternative and not as a substitute to conventional ultrasound is the major challenge that this market is currently facing. While no company taking a mass market approach (except Philips Healthcare through Lumify) so far provides a great opportunity for companies that want to do this.
There are several major players that are currently operating in this market and some of them include; Sonosite/Fujifilm, GE Healthcare, Hitachi Healthcare, Fukuda, Mindray, Toshiba Medical Systems, Philips Healthcare, Samsung Medical and Siemens Healthcare.
Key Deliverables of the study
1. Market analysis for the Global Portable Ultrasound Devices Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global wearable medical devices market on both global and regional scales.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5. Review And Forecast Period
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2 Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.2.1 Study Phases
2.2.2 Secondary Research
2.2.3 Discussion Guide
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Expert Validation
2.5 Study Timeline
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview And Industry Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Market Overview
5.3 Technology Overview
5.4 Products Overview
5.5 New Developments
5.6 Porter's Five Forces
5.6.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
5.6.2 Bargaining Power Of Consumers
5.6.3 Threat Of New Entrants
5.6.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
5.6.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Challenges Analysis
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Increasing Spectrum Of Applications
6.1.2 Increasing Confidence In The Technology
6.1.3 Rapid Imaging Ability
6.1.4 Market Far From Reaching Plateau
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 High Cost Of Portable Ultrasound Systems
6.2.2 Lack Of Dedicated Training Programs By Companies
6.2.3 Growth Of Market Dependence On Ambulatory/Remote Patient Care Infrastructure In A Country
6.3 Key Challenges
6.3.1 Portable Ultrasound Is Still An Alternative And Is Not A Substitute To Conventional Ultrasound
6.4 Current Market Opportunities
6.4.1 No Mass Market Approach, So Far
7. Global Portable Ultrasound Market, By Type Of Device
7.1 Portable Bedside Systems
7.2 Hand-Carried Systems
7.3 Hand-Held Systems
8. Global Portable Ultrasound Market, By Area Of Application
8.1 Traditional Areas
8.2 Emerging Areas
8.2.1 Emergency Medicine
8.2.3 Critical Care Medicine
9. Global Portable Ultrasound Market, By Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.1 United States
9.2.1 United Kingdom
9.2.5 Spain & Portugal
9.3.4 Australia & New Zealand
9.3.5 South Korea
9.3.6 Rest Of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East And Africa (MEA)
9.4.2 South Africa
9.4.3 Rest Of Mea
9.5 South America
9.5.3 Rest Of Latin America
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Merger And Acquisition Analysis
10.2 New Product Launches
10.3 Agreements, Collaborations And Partnerships
11. Company Profiles
11.2 Ge Healthcare
11.3 Hitachi Healthcare
11.6 Toshiba Medical Systems
11.7 Philips Healthcare
11.8 Samsung Medison
11.9 Siemens Healthcare
12. Future Outlook Of The Market