Coverage is comprehensive, from incorporation to winding up, detailing the procedures associated with boards of directors, company meetings, reporting, shares, and share registration. The Handbook also contains chapters on listed company compliance, corporate governance, company investigations, takeovers and mergers, and insolvency.
Detailed commentary is accompanied by more than 80 precedents (which are also available as a download), appendices, and a glossary of key terms and a directory of key company secretarial resources.
This new edition has been updated throughout to cover the latest developments in company law and regulation, including:
- The introduction of the Register of Persons of Significant Control (PSC register) from April 2016 and associated guidance
- Recent changes to the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Changes in auditing practice to comply with the EU Audit Regulation and Directive (ARD)
- The updated Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Handbook
- The implementation of the EU Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) due in July 2016.
The Company Secretary’s Handbook will remain the essential volume for all UK company secretaries and those fulfilling company secretarial functions. It provides in-depth commentary and analysis on all related procedural matters.
The author, Douglas Armour, is company secretary to Equiniti David Venus. He has more than thirty years’ experience in company secretarial and corporate governance compliance, and is author of several leading publications on company secretarial practice.
- Company secretary
- Deputy company secretary
- Head of legal
- Legal counsel
- Head of governance
- Governance officer
2. Company incorporation
3. Articles of association
4. Company names
7. Members’ resolutions and general meetings
8. Directors’ meetings and resolutions
11. Share Capital, debentures and loan stock
12. Share issues
13. Purchase and redemption of shares
14. Floating, listing and admission to trading
15. Continuing obligations of Listed. AIM and ISDX Growth Market companies
16. Corporate governance
17. Share registration
19. Mortgages and charges
20. Takeovers, mergers and divisions
21. Insolvency, dissolution and restoration
23. Overseas and non-companies Act companies