Robo-Finance agents will grow in sophistication and, while they will replace human agents in some areas (e.g. basic financial advice) they will also increasingly be used in tandem with human intelligence: Robo-Finance will morph into CyborgFinance.
Driven by a number of factors, including the Advice Gap in the UK, human cognitive biases when investing and the need to restrain costs while reaching clients, Robo-Finance will move from a niche to a mainstream feature of the UK financial services market in the coming decade.
These issues and more are discussed in this new report called Robo-Finance Agents in Financial Services. This looks at the use of Robo-Finance Agents in financial services markets, considering where they are being used and what future deployment might look like. It identifies and profiles firms currently deploying such agents or evaluating them and considers who are the major suppliers of such agents to the financial services markets.
- Aims Of This Report
2. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
3. The Current Role Of Robo-Finance Agents
- How RFAs Are Used
4. The Drivers Of RFA Use In Financial Services
- Consumers Are Reluctant To Pay For Advice
- The Financial Advice Gap
- Investment Biases
- Competitive Pressure
- Targeting Henry And Henrietta
- The Right Business Environment
5. Current Market
- Five Years Behind The US
- RFAs Operate In A £45 Billion Market
- Robo-Advice, Less Than 1% Of Platform Assets Under Management
- Profits Are Hard To Come By
6. Examples Of RFA Services And Software
- Examples Of B2C RFA Services
- Examples Of B2B Or B2B2C RFA Services
- RFA Services In The Pipeline
7. The Future
- Robo-Advice, The Great Disruptor
- Financial Advice Market Review (FAMR) Will Help Robo-Advice Develop…
- Which Will Force Human Advisers Out Of The Bottom End Of The Market
- And There Are Potential Pitfalls Ahead
- From Investment Decision-Support To Wealth Management
- From Robo-Advice To Cyborg Advice?
- If Fund Managers Use Robo-Advice To Vertically Integrate…
- Will Technology Companies Use Robo-Advice To Move Into Asset Management?
- Robo-Investing And Cyborg-Investing