What is Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
Scanning electron microscope is a device used for inspecting topographies of specimens at very high magnifications using an equipment. When the surface is two dimensionally scanned by electron probe microscope, the SME image appears on the screen of the display unit. If the scan width of the electron probe is changed the magnification of the displayed image will also be changed. As the size of the screen is unchanged, decreasing the scan width increase the magnification, whereas increasing the scan width decreases the magnification.
What are the major applications for Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
The major applications of scanning electron microscope includes in forensic investigation in identifying the gunshot residue analysis, Investigation of gemstones and jewellery, Examination of paint particles and fibers, Filament bulb investigations at traffic accidents, Handwriting and print examination. GSR analysis, specimens are typically collected using double sided tape and transferred to an SEM specimen stub.
Market Research and Market Trends of Scanning Electron Microscope Market:
- In recent years the use of focused ion beam (FIB) system is increasing which is used to view the internal structure of any electron. By using the FIB system it enables to view the internal structure with a high positional accuracy of a few hundreds of nanometers.
- To enhance the depth of the image the new technique called 3D anaglyph stereogram is increasing its application in biology. By using this process two slightly different images are presented to each eye creating the illusion of depth in the image. The images can be viewed with anaglyph glasses.
- To improve the resolution at a low accelerating voltage the new multi beam system which uses the hybrid conical objective lens in combination with the schottky electron gun which can achieve an electron beam which enables high resolution observation with high speed analysis.
- Many research and developments are seen in microscope system. The development of products cover the microscope light, ion, electron and X-Ray microscopes. The solutions and services for development of microscope system are used in the life science and material research.
Who are the Major Players in Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Hitachi High Technologies Corp., JEOL Ltd, Carl Zeiss AG, FEI Company, Tescan Orsay Holdings A.S and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 8 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 8 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 8 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Solid State Drive Market -Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market – By Types (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.1. Conventional or high Vacuum SEM
6.3.2. Variable pressure or Low Vacuum SEM
6.3.3. Cryo on an SEM (Cryo-SEM)
6.3.4. Environmental SEM
6.3.5. E-beam lithography
7. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market – By Industry Verticals (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.1.1. Failure analysis
7.1.2. Advanced Packaging
18.104.22.168. Ball Grid Array
22.214.171.124. Through Silicon Vias
126.96.36.199. Wire Bonding
7.1.3. Circuit Edit
7.1.5. Micro-Electron-Mechanical Systems
7.1.7. Chip layers
7.2. Material Science
7.2.1. Steels & Metal Alloys
7.2.2. Ceramics and hard Coatings
7.2.4. Polymer and Composites
7.2.5. Materials for buildings and civil engineering
7.2.7. Textile and Paper
7.3. Life science
7.3.1. Biomedical engineering
7.3.2. Cell and Tissue morphology
7.3.6. Plant and animal biology
7.3.7. Subcellular analysis
7.3.8. Environmental and Food Science
7.5. Earth Science
7.5.1. Ore processing
7.5.2. Oil and Gas
7.5.4. Sedimentary petrology
7.4. Forensic Investigations
7.4.1. Gunshot residue analysis
7.4.2. Firearms identifications (Bullet markings comparison)
7.4.3. Investigation of gem stones and Jewellery
7.4.4. Examination of paint particles and fibers
7.4.5. Filament bulb investigations at traffic accidents
7.4.6. Handwriting and print examination / forgery
7.4.7. Counterfeit bank notes
7.4.8. Trace comparison
7.4.9. Examination of non-conducting materials
7.4.10. High resolution surface imaging
7.7.1. Micro fossil
7.7.2. Reservoir rock
7.6.2. Iron plate
8. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market - North America Segment Research
8.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
8.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.2.2. Revenue and Trends
8.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of North America
8.3. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) - South America Segment Research
8.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.4.2. Revenue and Trends
8.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Costa Rica
220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
8.5. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) - Europe Segment Research
8.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.6.2. Revenue and Trends
8.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
8.7. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) – APAC Segment Research
8.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
8.8.2. Revenue and Trends
8.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
8.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. South Korea
9. scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market - Entropy
9.1. New product launches
9.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
10. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market Company Analysis
10.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
10.2. Hitachi High Technologies Corp
10.3. JEOL Ltd
10.4. Carl Zeiss AG
10.5. FEI Company
10.6. Tescan Orsay Holdings A.S
11. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Market -Appendix