A 3D camera is an imaging device which uses depth sensing technologies to take the photocopy of three-dimensional objects. Time-of-flight principle is used by 3D cameras to measure the distance between the sensor and the nearest surface point. The stereo camera is a type of 3D camera that is mainly used for making stereo views, range imaging, and 3D photos for movies. The image sensors present in stereo cameras will allow cameras to simulate human binocular vision and captures the 3D photocopies.
According to this research report, the 3D camera market size was between $1,200 million to $1,600 million as of 2020. The market demand is projected to grow at a hefty CAGR of 35% to 42% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2025. The increasing usage of 3D cameras in making 3D movies, photography, smartphones, and navigation systems are the factors driving the growth of the market during the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
Global 3D Camera Market: Outlook
3D camera has a wide range of application such as gaming, general photography, healthcare, logistics and automotive. Among these various applications, 3D cameras are mainly used for the general photography purpose and the demand for this application is estimated to grow with an excellent CAGR of 30% to 35% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The main factors which are driving the growth for the general photography application are increasing people’s interest to click the pictures of surroundings, places they visit, and their own pictures to save memories.
APAC held the largest share of 38% to 45% in 2020 in the global 3D camera market. China is the global leader in the manufacturing of consumer electronics goods such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. In 2020, 100 million smartphones are manufactured by using 3D cameras in China and are shipped to the entire world. Rising demand for 3D cameras in the manufacturing of smartphones is boosting the growth of the market in this region.
Global 3D Camera Market: Growth Drivers
- Creating Virtual 3D Model of User by 3D Camera: Increasing usage of 3D sensors for the applications of cameras in smartphones is driving the growth of the 3D cameras market. 3D sensors in smartphones are changing the future of shopping by creating the virtual 3D model of a user. Using this model, consumers can easily scan their body parts such as head and face to virtually try on requirements like hats and spectacles.
- Usage in Robots: The application of 3D cameras in robots is another factor driving the growth of the market. Current 3D camera technology allows robots to respond autonomously to different situations by analyzing their surrounding environment.
Global 3D Camera Market: Challenge
The major challenge for the growth of the 3D cameras market is regarding cost issues. Despite of its uses in various industries such as logistics, automotive, and gaming, 3D cameras are available in the market at a highly expensive, so they are acquiring demand from a very limited section of our society. Therefore, the sales of the market are less when compared to the other camera technologies such as 2D.
Global 3D Camera Market Players Perspective:
Fujifilm 3D cameras are used to shoot excellent 3D movies and photos on spot within a short period of time because of their effective pixels. Fujifilm’s latest innovation FinePix REAL 3D W3 digital camera consists of features such as anti-blur and super intelligent flash. It is used as both 3D and 2D shooting camera. It contains effective 10.0 megapixels with 3.5 inch LCD monitor and 3.0x optical zoom. It also contains different types of shooting modes such as SP mode, ADV 3D mode, and ADV 2D mode which is mainly attracted by the people interested in photography.
Canon, GoPro Inc., Eastman Kodak Co, LG, Sony Corporation, Faro technologies, Matterport Inc., Lytro Inc., Nikon, and Panasonic Corporation are the other players operating in the 3D camera market.
Global 3D Camera Market: Trend
- Application in Driver Assistance Systems: 3D cameras are used as range cameras in the cars to detect the position of the car on the road. Using these sensors in the system's driver is warned regarding the vehicle approaching from behind so that he can change the lane and also it detects the deviation from the lane and warns the driver by vibrating the seat.
- 3D Cameras in Drones: RealSense is an autonomous 3D camera which is used to detect and avoid obstacles in drones. Users can launch drones and they can do their own works by forgetting about them until they land. Airdog is a small, 3D camera-equipped drone which is programmed to follow user and make a video of surroundings.
Global 3D Camera Market: Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the 3D camera market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of 3D camera market and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Global 3D Camera Market: Industry Coverage
- Types of 3D cameras: 3D laser scanning sensors, 3D fringe projection, 3D profile sensors, 3D stereo cameras
- Product segmentation of 3D cameras: smartphones, tablets, professional cameras, hobbyist cameras
- Technologies used in 3D camera: time of flight, stereo vision, structured light, sheet of light triangulation
- Applications of 3D camera: gaming, general photography, healthcare, automotive, industrial, logistics, security & surveillance, architecture & engineering
The 3D camera market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Global 3D Camera Market Report
- Is the market for 3D camera growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Which type of 3D cameras presents the major growth opportunities?
- Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
- Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
- Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
- What is the current status of professional cameras in different countries?
- Which are the major relevant product segments within 3D cameras?
- Which type of 3D camera will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
- What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
- What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
- What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
- Who are the top players/companies of the market?
- What are the recent innovations in the market?
- How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
- What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
- What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of the 3D camera market?
- What is our vision 2030 for the 3D camera Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future of the 3D Camera during the forecast 2020–2025
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
Research Best Practices
- The 3D camera market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017/2020.
- The 3D camera market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
- The 3D camera market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
- The 3D camera market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
- The 3D camera market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
- The 3D camera market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
- The 3D camera market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
- The 3D camera market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
- The 3D camera market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 8 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 8 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 8 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.1. 3D Laser scanning sensors
6.3.2. 3D fringe projection
6.3.3. 3D profile sensors
6.3.4. 3D stereo cameras
7.2. Stereo vision
7.3. Structured light
8.4. Professional cameras
8.5. Hobbyist cameras
9.2. General photography
9.6. Autonomous vehicles
9.7.1. Factory automation
9.7.2. Electronics manufacturing
9.7.3. Food and packaging inspection
9.7.4. Machine vision applications
9.9. Architecture & engineering
9.10. Security & surveillance
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. 3D Camera - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. 3D Camera - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. 3D Camera – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12.5. GoPro Inc.
12.6. Eastman Kodak Co
12.7. Panasonic corporation
12.8. Sony corporation
14.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
14.1.2. Industry Databases
14.1.4. Company News
14.1.5. Company Annual Reports
14.1.6. Application Trends
14.1.7. New Products and Product database
14.1.8. Company Transcripts
14.1.9. R&D Trends
14.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
14.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends