People have been most influenced to purchase a fitness tracker by seeing them on others who wear them and by friends and family. Advertising, social and digital media have only so far had a modest effect on consumer purchasing patterns.
Fitness trackers are considered by many to help motivate them to exercise more. Although they have some features that did not exist 5-10 years ago, many of those polled see the fitness tracker as little more than a glorified pedometer.
The market for purchasing the same wearable device is divided. About 50% are willing to purchase the same wearable device, while another 40% are not likely or only somewhat likely, with another 10% not knowing what they would do. The same holds true - roughly - for purchasing another wearable fitness device.
There is still a viable market for additional products to be introduced in this industry, but we believe it is already started to become overcrowded. We believe that non-traditional marketing and having the fitness tracker out in the market with as many people wearing it as possible will be key to mass success. This report provides extensive detail and data to be as successful as possible in this market segment.
About the Publisher
1. Consumer Brand Awareness of Wearable Tech Companies
2. Summary - Fitness Trackers
3. People that Currently Own a Fitness Tracker
4. How Often do Fitness Tracker Owners use their Devices?
5. What is Important to a Fitness Tracker User?
6. What Influences Wearable Fitness Trackers to Purchase a Product?
7. What do Consumers Like the Most about a Fitness Tracker?
8. What do Consumers like the Least about a Fitness Tracker?
9. Which Additional Features do Consumers Wish was on a Wearable Fitness Device?
10. What Concerns do Consumers Have?
11. How Likely is a Consumer to Purchase the Same Wearable Fitness Device that they Own Now?
12. How Likey is a Consumer to Purchase a Different Wearable Fitness that they Own Now?
13. Which Features Would you be Willing to Pay for on a Wearable Fitness Tracker?
14. What is the Optimal Price for a Fitness Tracker?
15. Color of a Band?
16. From which Companies would you Consider Buying Wearable Devices?
17. What Bugs have you Encountered with your Wearable Device?
18. Key Demographic Data
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- Caesars Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Facebook, Inc.
- Motorola Trademark Holdings LLC
- Pandora Media Inc.
- Pebble, Inc.
- Strava, Inc.
- World Series of Poker